Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors® guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover
Very unlikely if you used points and its no longer a Hilton.
Really? Well, I hope it will take them longer than 6 months to sell!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:08 pm

Will be attending a conference in October which is taking place at the "Montego Bay Convention Center Rose Hall." Hilton Rose Hall is one of the recommended hotels for the group, the other is Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. Does anyone know how far it is from the Hilton to the Convention Center, and what the transportation options are? Am likely going to stay at the Hilton, unless anyone knows of a good reason to choose the Iberostar.

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hi Concorde Orphan

I stayed at Hilton, while I didnt go to the Convention Centre, I did go to the shops beside it, from memory there is a shuttle bus thats goes there, in theory you could walk there, although it is a busy road. I am sure the hotel will be able to sort transport out no problem. It is a lot nearer than the Iberostar
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:29 pm

Sounds good, thanks for the info. Will go ahead and confirm at Hilton Rose Hall then.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Rose Hall sold

According to Jamaica Gleaner, not sure if it will remain a Hilton after ownership changes on Jan. 7, 2015

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=55844
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Now what?

I have a reservation there using HH points for January 22. Any idea on what to do? Will the resort honor this reservation? Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I would contact the official HHonors FlyerTalk Ambassador and make sure your reservation will be honored
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:54 am

With the loss of Rose Hall, the choices and quality for Hiltons in the Caribbean just gets worse and worse. Meanwhile, the Hilton at Pensacola is still rated as Category 9?

It seems that Hilton has abandoned trying to have any compelling offerings in the region.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by skimple
With the loss of Rose Hall, the choices and quality for Hiltons in the Caribbean just gets worse and worse. Meanwhile, the Hilton at Pensacola is still rated as Category 9?

It seems that Hilton has abandoned trying to have any compelling offerings in the region.
I am missing something? While Hilton will no longer own this hotel, I see no indication that it is being reflagged. I checked and one can make regular and HHonors reservations into the summer of 2015.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:59 am

See posts #130 and #137
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:22 am

Thanks. I should have seen that article. Right in front of my face.

So it's unclear what's going to happen.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:02 pm

Does anyone have any kind of update on this one? I have a reservation in January (after 7th control change) on points... so I am wondering if I need to make back-up plans. The Hilton.com site doesn't have any update about it.

I appreciate any new info.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Does anyone have any kind of update on this one? I have a reservation in January (after 7th control change) on points... so I am wondering if I need to make back-up plans. The Hilton.com site doesn't have any update about it.

I appreciate any new info.

Cheers,

PedroNY
I'm in the same situation. I contacted the Hilton Honors Rep on Flyertalk and was assured my reservation will be honored or will be informed well in advance if something changes. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I'm in the same situation. I contacted the Hilton Honors Rep on Flyertalk and was assured my reservation will be honored or will be informed well in advance if something changes. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for your response, and contacting the Rep. Fingers crossed, indeed.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
I was considering using points for a Rose Hall stay in January or February, but starting at 125,000 points (and upwards) per night, I've reconsidered. Don't know if this nightly point value is typical (I was prepared for in and around 60/70k for peak season) or if it had to do with a change in ownership.

Last edited by notmypetunia; Dec 5, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.