FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   HH Gold via AMEX Spend - How Long? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1030139-hh-gold-via-amex-spend-how-long.html)

lexman Dec 20, 09 6:17 pm

HH Gold via AMEX Spend - How Long?
 
According to my Nov AMEX statement, I passed the 20K yearly spend total that awards Gold HH status. Since then I've heard nothing from HH and my status remains silver. Does anybody know how long the change to Gold takes to post? Web site says it might take ten to twelve weeks - surely not. It's important because I've got several trips right after the holidays where I'd certainly like to be at Gold. A related question also: once my account does finally accurately reflect Gold status, do I have to do anything to get already made reservations to show Gold or will that happen automatically? Thanks for any help,

lex

rcurry01 Dec 20, 09 6:22 pm

My Gold status posted the same time that my AMEX HH points posted for that period. Generally my points post before I even receive the AMEX statement in the mail. When my gold status took effect all of my existing reservations automatically reflected the new status.

lexman Dec 20, 09 6:38 pm

Thanks, rcurry. Looks like there may be a snafu with mine.

slapshotsnapshot Dec 21, 09 6:49 pm

I would definitely call on that one because mine took effect immediately a few years back and generally reflects the update in subsequent years.

christianj Dec 21, 09 7:35 pm

A quick search reveals a couple of thread on his same topic including:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ough-amex.html

Idranet Dec 23, 09 9:25 am

I reached the threshold with my November statement and now the December statement has generated as well. My status still hasn't updated, despite 2 phone calls (one in Nov and another one today) and a "case number". Still waiting to speak to a supervisor to, hopefully, resolve.

***Supervisor manually updated to Gold, but has annotated file to say can't update manually again - must wait for Amex to send the info over. End result is okay status-wise, but I'm not thrilled with the way the process went. Makes it seem like I'm not deserving of the status. This is the first year I have used Amex to reach Gold (was Gold for many years, but went to Silver this April). Hopefully, next year will be smoother.

JFKLGA30 Dec 23, 09 2:15 pm

I'm a bit lost, and hoping you guys on this thread can help. I have a regular Green Amex. In the mail the other day, I received a Gold Membership card from Amex valid through Feb 2011. I called Hilton and merged this with my current silver status, and they upgraded me to gold.

The card also said if I stayed at Hilton between now and some point -- I can't remember exact date -- I would get 2x points. Well, I stayed on december 4, and have not seen the 2x points on my Hilton statement.

What should I do? i'm sorry if this isn't related to this thread. I'm not sure if the 20,000 spend applies to all Amex or just the Amex -Hilton card, if one exists.

How should I proceed to get the 2x points? thank you.

jws5527 Dec 25, 09 10:42 am


Originally Posted by Idranet (Post 13042035)
I reached the threshold with my November statement and now the December statement has generated as well. My status still hasn't updated, despite 2 phone calls (one in Nov and another one today) and a "case number". Still waiting to speak to a supervisor to, hopefully, resolve.

***Supervisor manually updated to Gold, but has annotated file to say can't update manually again - must wait for Amex to send the info over. End result is okay status-wise, but I'm not thrilled with the way the process went. Makes it seem like I'm not deserving of the status. This is the first year I have used Amex to reach Gold (was Gold for many years, but went to Silver this April). Hopefully, next year will be smoother.

You and I must have very similar spending patterns. I crossed the $20,000 threshold on my AMEX statement that ended 11/2/09; yet still no upgrade to Gold on the HHonors site.

Idranet: Did you speak to a supervisor at Hilton or AMEX (or both)?

To anyone else who reads this thread: Did you experience the "10-12 weeks" the T&C claims it takes for status to be updated?

Idranet Dec 29, 09 9:04 am

jws5527,

I spoke to a supervisor at Hilton (and offered again to fax both Amex statements showing that I had qualified for Gold).

toomanybooks Dec 30, 09 7:27 am


Originally Posted by jws5527 (Post 13052166)
You and I must have very similar spending patterns. I crossed the $20,000 threshold on my AMEX statement that ended 11/2/09; yet still no upgrade to Gold on the HHonors site.

Idranet: Did you speak to a supervisor at Hilton or AMEX (or both)?

To anyone else who reads this thread: Did you experience the "10-12 weeks" the T&C claims it takes for status to be updated?

Much faster than that for me; maybe 2-3 weeks at most.

sullim4 Dec 30, 09 9:44 pm

I just passed the $20k threshold today - one day short of the deadline, but after my December billing statement.

Has anyone had any experience getting gold via spend, but having it happen AFTER the final billing statement of the year? Will I have to harass them about it?

sullim4 Feb 5, 10 4:41 pm

Bump. I'm getting the runaround from AMEX and Hilton on this. AMEX confirms that I crossed the $20k threshold before December 31st, they say call Hilton. Hilton says it's not their fault and to call them back in mid-February since enough time hasn't passed.

So I've now lost out on a month of status; I've had two stays during that time where I've lost out on the bonus points and the nice amenities. Anyone know of someone who can straighten this out other than the traditional CSRs from either company?

asandrs Feb 5, 10 5:19 pm

Similar situation for me. Amex have confirmed to me that I passed 20k in Dec 09 but they can not force Hilton to give me gold status and when I inquired to Hilton this was their response -

Dear Mr. S,

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your account.

We will update your HHonors account to Gold VIP tier status as soon as American Express sends the authorization form to our office to be processed.

So it seems like I will have to wait until Amex's 'system' gets its act together.

hamptoninnsider Feb 5, 10 5:24 pm

Same problem with me. Amex says they sent the info over, HHonors said they didn't. Have an upcoming stay next week and would like the extra points.

mareh Feb 5, 10 6:06 pm


Originally Posted by sullim4 (Post 13083882)
I just passed the $20k threshold today - one day short of the deadline, but after my December billing statement.

Has anyone had any experience getting gold via spend, but having it happen AFTER the final billing statement of the year? Will I have to harass them about it?

My husband and I (mutual account) were already Gold until March 2010, but wanted to extend it through Amex. We hit the 20K in spending in mid-December, after the billing date. My husband recently called Hilton to ask about his Gold expiration, and was told it's now March 2012, so Amex must have notified them properly in our case. Hope yours gets worked out okay.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:08 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.