Multiple stay over same period

Old Dec 17, 09, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Multiple stay over same period

Here's the scenario:

Stay 1 Dec 6-9 at Hilton City A

I had to be in City B on Dec 7th
As I didn't want to check out/in from Hilton City A, I left for City B, and came back on 8th
Stay 2 Dec 7-8 at Hilton City B

Stay 1 from Hilton City A posted.
Stay 2 from Hilton City B did not post.

According to Hilton City B, I had another stay in Hilton City A, hence the system would not allow another Hilton stay to be posted.

I guess I should have broken up my stay in SIN. Is there anyway to get Hilton to post my Hilton City B stay?
Old Dec 18, 09, 7:53 am

Call or e-mail and explain what happened. I have had to do this where I travel to one city with my wife, but something came up and I had to leave early without her. I think that I wound up e-mailing [email protected] and it got taken care of.
Old Dec 18, 09, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I have had simmilar experiences with points posting after a phone call to the desk.

In my case, start a stay in one hotel with my spouse. I fly elsewhere and start a new stay. Both stays overlap for a day or two. Got credits for all nights.
Old Dec 18, 09, 10:31 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
And would they count it as a stay as well?

Would they count the other lapping nights as two nights or as one night?
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You should have two stays overall, and get credit for base and bonus points for both hotels. I am guessing they may quibble and award only the number of days covered by the entirety of your stays, as you had one property booked for the duration and an intervening, but overlapping, stay. But call and advocate for separate credits - they might say "no," but if you don't call, it's a guaranteed no. (And then, call again... if they do say no.)

These kinds of things are much easier with the Mutual Fund Account, where two people have the same HH number, which HHonors is not giving out any more under most circumstances.

Originally Posted by zaf View Post
And would they count it as a stay as well?

Would they count the other lapping nights as two nights or as one night?
Old Aug 24, 10, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, 06, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
I have what I think is a similar situation coming up in a few days. I'll be checking out of Hilton A on the same day that my partner will check into Hilton B. My partner will be doing the checking in at Hilton B and I will join her later in the day. It's quite possible that I won't have checked out of Hilton A before she checks into Hilton B. From a stay credit and night credit point of view this won't be a problem - different properties, checking out of one and into another on the same day. However, if I haven't checked out of Hilton A, will my partner still be able to check into Hilton B without issue?
Old Aug 24, 10, 10:43 am
cjd

Originally Posted by danger View Post
I have what I think is a similar situation coming up in a few days. I'll be checking out of Hilton A on the same day that my partner will check into Hilton B. My partner will be doing the checking in at Hilton B and I will join her later in the day. It's quite possible that I won't have checked out of Hilton A before she checks into Hilton B. From a stay credit and night credit point of view this won't be a problem - different properties, checking out of one and into another on the same day. However, if I haven't checked out of Hilton A, will my partner still be able to check into Hilton B without issue?
Wouldn't think that would be a problem. The problem appears to be the posting of points and credits when the 2 stays overlap by one or more nights. Customers have then to contact Hhonors to explain and try to get points and credits.

Search this Thread