Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is there no promo to help maintain Diamond/Gold status for 2010?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)

I am Marriott Platinum & Hilton Diamond.
Due to the economy I will miss requalifying in both programs....however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat...
If there was anything similar from Hilton missed it...
I've searched this forum & the Hilton website but came up dry so just looking for confirmation that such a promo does not exist ??
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, CO/UA, MR, HH, National, Hertz, WN
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat..
not trying to hijack your thread, but i'm a noob and wondering if you can help out. Can you give details on this message from marriott? I'm in the same boat for Marriott. The marjoirty of my Marriott stays this past year have been 10/31+. Would like to be able to re-earn Plat if possible.

thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

PM (Personal Message) coming your way
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I think the best strategy is to let your Diamond status lapse. Then you will likely get a fast track challenge that will be easy to achieve in a short time.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I am Marriott Platinum & Hilton Diamond.
Due to the economy I will miss requalifying in both programs....however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat...
If there was anything similar from Hilton missed it...
I've searched this forum & the Hilton website but came up dry so just looking for confirmation that such a promo does not exist ??
Similar situation here. I'll just miss Diamond. I haven't rec'd anything offering a fast track, extension, etc...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The fast track offers usually come once your status expires, when they send out the lower level cart they may offer a fast track for stays in May, June, and July.

If I remember right, sure somebody will correct if wrong, fast track status in the spring/early summer is only good for the remainder of that year, not the entire following year too if you earned it the old fashioned way if that matters to you.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I got an email several months ago for a requalification fast-track (7 stays over a few months). I exceeded that by a fair amount and easily hit the min quals (28/60) for D on my own. Search my handle for the thread if you want to see other's personal experieinces. But in general, it seems very few people got a fast-track offer to re-qual this year. I agree with the other posters that you should wait until early next year for them to come crawling to you with an offer.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Marriott has been really good to me about requalifying over the years so (note to any Hilton lurkers) if Hilton doesn't see the benefit of these kind of offers, I need to spend my nights in the program that's been good to me (i.e. marriott) until business picks back up to the point where I can keep top level in both programs.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
There is a promo. It is called 28 stays and you will get Diamond. I can only hope (but this will not come true) that there will be no other ways.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
There is a promo. It is called 28 stays and you will get Diamond. I can only hope (but this will not come true) that there will be no other ways.
+1. It really ticks me off how some hotels/airlines "give away" status to those who admit that they spent less $, stayed less nights, flew less miles than the qualification levels.

Those of us who earned it via actual stays/B-I-S miles should certainly get priority for upgrades.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is my 3rd year as diamond & due to the fact that there were no hiltons in my country (one opened a couple of weeks ago in delhi), there was no way i was going to requalify....i sent an email to [email protected] asking whether a fast track option was available & fortunately they said they would put me on a fast track where i had to complete 10 stays or 20 nights in a 90 day period....you can email them & ask....
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
+1. It really ticks me off how some hotels/airlines "give away" status to those who admit that they spent less $, stayed less nights, flew less miles than the qualification levels.

Those of us who earned it via actual stays/B-I-S miles should certainly get priority for upgrades.
I used to have the same view....until this year.

But after 11 consecutive years as Marriott Platinum and 5 consecutive years as Diamond (3 years as Gold before that)...had to count my cards to get the numbers....if they are willing to help me through an off year (not looking for help if my travelling life comes to an end), the Platinum/Diamond "lite" promo seals my loyalty...that's why in 2010, if it looks like a re-qual in both programs will be tough, Marriott will get my preference and not Hilton.

So I see where you are coming from...but try my shoes for a few minutes also.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Check out this thread.

In this thread I posted that I just called HHonors and asked them, and they reduced me from 16 to 14 stays for Gold status. And coincidentally, my 14th night allowed me to get the 25K point bonus! ^
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I used to have the same view....until this year.

But after 11 consecutive years as Marriott Platinum and 5 consecutive years as Diamond (3 years as Gold before that)...had to count my cards to get the numbers....if they are willing to help me through an off year (not looking for help if my travelling life comes to an end), the Platinum/Diamond "lite" promo seals my loyalty...that's why in 2010, if it looks like a re-qual in both programs will be tough, Marriott will get my preference and not Hilton.

So I see where you are coming from...but try my shoes for a few minutes also.
I am in the same shoes and I spent quite a bit of my very own money and a bit of creativity to keep my status with three chains. I do not at all fancy those short cuts or however this fraud to the detriment of paying guests is called.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade

I fly 150,000+ BIS miles annually and achieve SPG/HH stays via paid stays - out of my own pocket, not a company expense account. For the past 7 years, I have earned well over 200,000 base points/per year. W/the end of the rolling tier qualification, I will end up just shy of the 100,000 Diamond qualification marker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.