FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Is there no promo to help maintain Diamond/Gold status for 2010? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1026089-there-no-promo-help-maintain-diamond-gold-status-2010-a.html)

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Is there no promo to help maintain Diamond/Gold status for 2010?

I am Marriott Platinum & Hilton Diamond.
Due to the economy I will miss requalifying in both programs....however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat...
If there was anything similar from Hilton missed it...
I've searched this forum & the Hilton website but came up dry so just looking for confirmation that such a promo does not exist ??

charlton49 Dec 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million (Post 12964262)
however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat..

not trying to hijack your thread, but i'm a noob and wondering if you can help out. Can you give details on this message from marriott? I'm in the same boat for Marriott. The marjoirty of my Marriott stays this past year have been 10/31+. Would like to be able to re-earn Plat if possible.

thanks.

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm

PM (Personal Message) coming your way

kevino Dec 10, 2009 11:10 pm

I think the best strategy is to let your Diamond status lapse. Then you will likely get a fast track challenge that will be easy to achieve in a short time.

bdemaria Dec 11, 2009 3:52 am

Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million (Post 12964262)
I am Marriott Platinum & Hilton Diamond.
Due to the economy I will miss requalifying in both programs....however marriott sent me an email a few months back that basically said...stay this many nites between 10/1 and 12/31 and we'll requalify you for Plat...
If there was anything similar from Hilton missed it...
I've searched this forum & the Hilton website but came up dry so just looking for confirmation that such a promo does not exist ??

Similar situation here. I'll just miss Diamond. I haven't rec'd anything offering a fast track, extension, etc...

cordelli Dec 11, 2009 7:15 am

The fast track offers usually come once your status expires, when they send out the lower level cart they may offer a fast track for stays in May, June, and July.

If I remember right, sure somebody will correct if wrong, fast track status in the spring/early summer is only good for the remainder of that year, not the entire following year too if you earned it the old fashioned way if that matters to you.

MayorMcKnife Dec 11, 2009 9:02 am

I got an email several months ago for a requalification fast-track (7 stays over a few months). I exceeded that by a fair amount and easily hit the min quals (28/60) for D on my own. Search my handle for the thread if you want to see other's personal experieinces. But in general, it seems very few people got a fast-track offer to re-qual this year. I agree with the other posters that you should wait until early next year for them to come crawling to you with an offer.

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 11, 2009 9:35 am

Marriott has been really good to me about requalifying over the years so (note to any Hilton lurkers) if Hilton doesn't see the benefit of these kind of offers, I need to spend my nights in the program that's been good to me (i.e. marriott) until business picks back up to the point where I can keep top level in both programs.

Flying Lawyer Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am

There is a promo. It is called 28 stays and you will get Diamond. I can only hope (but this will not come true) that there will be no other ways. :(:(

Live4Upgrade Dec 11, 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 12967394)
There is a promo. It is called 28 stays and you will get Diamond. I can only hope (but this will not come true) that there will be no other ways. :(:(

+1. It really ticks me off how some hotels/airlines "give away" status to those who admit that they spent less $, stayed less nights, flew less miles than the qualification levels.

Those of us who earned it via actual stays/B-I-S miles should certainly get priority for upgrades.

Keyser Dec 11, 2009 11:25 am

this is my 3rd year as diamond & due to the fact that there were no hiltons in my country (one opened a couple of weeks ago in delhi), there was no way i was going to requalify....i sent an email to [email protected] asking whether a fast track option was available & fortunately they said they would put me on a fast track where i had to complete 10 stays or 20 nights in a 90 day period....you can email them & ask....

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 11, 2009 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade (Post 12967751)
+1. It really ticks me off how some hotels/airlines "give away" status to those who admit that they spent less $, stayed less nights, flew less miles than the qualification levels.

Those of us who earned it via actual stays/B-I-S miles should certainly get priority for upgrades.

I used to have the same view....until this year.

But after 11 consecutive years as Marriott Platinum and 5 consecutive years as Diamond (3 years as Gold before that)...had to count my cards to get the numbers....if they are willing to help me through an off year (not looking for help if my travelling life comes to an end), the Platinum/Diamond "lite" promo seals my loyalty...that's why in 2010, if it looks like a re-qual in both programs will be tough, Marriott will get my preference and not Hilton.

So I see where you are coming from...but try my shoes for a few minutes also.

margarita girl Dec 11, 2009 11:48 am

Check out this thread.

In this thread I posted that I just called HHonors and asked them, and they reduced me from 16 to 14 stays for Gold status. And coincidentally, my 14th night allowed me to get the 25K point bonus! ^

Flying Lawyer Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million (Post 12968106)
I used to have the same view....until this year.

But after 11 consecutive years as Marriott Platinum and 5 consecutive years as Diamond (3 years as Gold before that)...had to count my cards to get the numbers....if they are willing to help me through an off year (not looking for help if my travelling life comes to an end), the Platinum/Diamond "lite" promo seals my loyalty...that's why in 2010, if it looks like a re-qual in both programs will be tough, Marriott will get my preference and not Hilton.

So I see where you are coming from...but try my shoes for a few minutes also.

I am in the same shoes and I spent quite a bit of my very own money and a bit of creativity to keep my status with three chains. I do not at all fancy those short cuts or however this fraud to the detriment of paying guests is called. :(:(

bdemaria Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade (Post 12967751)

I fly 150,000+ BIS miles annually and achieve SPG/HH stays via paid stays - out of my own pocket, not a company expense account. For the past 7 years, I have earned well over 200,000 base points/per year. W/the end of the rolling tier qualification, I will end up just shy of the 100,000 Diamond qualification marker.