Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold benefits for ?2 rooms

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Good so. I wish that more hotels would do so ^
i can't quite agree with you....

even though its not part of the hh policy, it is greatly appreciated....

i can't remember a single time when i have been denied benefits or a room upgrade for a 2nd room booked under my name....i have never asked for it but its always offered by the hotel....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:30 am
kpc
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by payam81
When you say they denied the upgrade, you mean they denied the occupants of your other room entry to the EL?
Yep....asked to pay a significant surcharge for that privilige but since we were going out for dinner every nite, didn't take them up on their offer.They told us that 2 of us could eat breakfast in the lounge, and the other 2 could eat b'fast in the restaurant downstairs but to quote the room number of the upgraded room
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by kpc
They told us that 2 of us could eat breakfast in the lounge, and the other 2 could eat b'fast in the restaurant downstairs but to quote the room number of the upgraded room
Now that part is just silly. I actually understand if the hotel doesnt want to upgrde both rooms due to space issues but think it would be nice to offer the person breakfast only for both rooms at the restaurant or exec lounge for the one room.

I am a bit torn on this issue as I hate exec lounges that are crowded but I do travel about once a year with my wifes mother and brother and it is nice when there rooms are upgraded as well.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
In 2008 as GOLD I was together with two collegues in Vienna, staying one night at the Hilton Vienna City Park Hotel.

The reservation for the three rooms was done on my account. We were all three upgraded to Executive rooms and had access to the Executive Lounge.

I guess it depends also on the occupancy of the hotels resp. the no. of higher VIP tiers present or expected to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.