Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signia [was Hilton] Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:25 pm

Unless a person is absolutely swimming in Hilton points, I don't think it really makes sense to do award redemptions. The cash rates for the WA, BC, etc really aren't that bad.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Unless a person is absolutely swimming in Hilton points, I don't think it really makes sense to do award redemptions. The cash rates for the WA, BC, etc really aren't that bad.
The thing with paying cash at this property is the added on resort fee which is annoying. We stayed there 6 nights and had 2 rooms. I used 480,000 points, a free night certificate and one night they gave us for $125 with no resort fee.

We also had the resort credit to use for both of us - so that was another $500. We had a zero bill when we left - also due to the $20/room per night credit for breakfast. So we had $240 of room credit for the food and beverage and $500 for the Aspire resort credit. Turned out to be a great deal overall - especially for what we were paying at the parks.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
The thing with paying cash at this property is the added on resort fee which is annoying. We stayed there 6 nights and had 2 rooms. I used 480,000 points, a free night certificate and one night they gave us for $125 with no resort fee.

We also had the resort credit to use for both of us - so that was another $500. We had a zero bill when we left - also due to the $20/room per night credit for breakfast. So we had $240 of room credit for the food and beverage and $500 for the Aspire resort credit. Turned out to be a great deal overall - especially for what we were paying at the parks.
What did you use the resort credit for? Spa?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I used standard room award for New Year's week - 60,000 per night and did the pay for 4 nights got a 5th free. Also click on accessible rooms and I bet a bunch will pop up. Then you can switch.
Accessible rooms are only available as premium rewards, as far as my searching can tell.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:51 pm

What did you use the resort credit for? Spa?
We ate dinners there most evenings. We left for Disney each morning at the crack of dawn and would grab muffins, milk and coffee from the gift shop. We would get back to hotel and eat dinner at one of the restaurants. La Luce adult dinner one night and the Harvest Bistro with the kids the rest of the nights.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Accessible rooms are only available as premium rewards, as far as my searching can tell.
You are right, I did a search for a 3 night stay and only a few nights are popping up as available until end of summer. Something must be up.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:53 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
That completely depends on when. Nights I were looking at were $400-$500/night before taxes and resort fees.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
You are right, I did a search for a 3 night stay and only a few nights are popping up as available until end of summer. Something must be up.
Seems like the hotel is being renovated. The pictures of the rooms available to book look new. Maybe they are working on the lower floors now that have standard rooms and they are temporarily out of inventory? Worth a call to the hotel for sure.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
In one stay, I was violently ill with a stomach bug. The staff checked on me repeatedly while my family went and enjoyed Disney.
That's exactly the type of service to which I was referring. Due to a minor dental emergency, I had to check out early and return home. The Front Desk Manager of the DoubleTree Suites sent me an email the following day to say that the Front Desk Staff were thinking of me and hoping that everything turned out well at the dentist.

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
That completely depends on when. Nights I were looking at were $400-$500/night before taxes and resort fees.
This is an excellent point. Orlando attractions-area hotel rates can swing wildly. I remember staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista on a $69/night. When I asked if it was possible to extend an additional night, the quoted rate was $329 for that night in standard room.

If your trip falls under a period of high demand, it's not unusual to see rates of $400+ per night plus taxes and resort fees for a place like the Hilton Bonnet Creek.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Last night I saw cash and award availability for BC for standard room. This morning I see nothing for cash or points for any night between August 2021 and the end of the booking calendar. The lowest available is 2 Queen High Floor. Has anybody had any luck booking the standard price point? Specifically ~42,000 points per night?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by Filler03
Last night I saw cash and award availability for BC for standard room. This morning I see nothing for cash or points for any night between August 2021 and the end of the booking calendar. The lowest available is 2 Queen High Floor. Has anybody had any luck booking the standard price point? Specifically ~42,000 points per night?
Maybe you might get different results if you clear your cookies and cache or use a different IP address and do not log in. Will that help maybe? I am not sure.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
duplicate reply

Last edited by sallyerd; Dec 7, 2020 at 11:15 am Reason: duplicate entry
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sallyerd
Maybe you might get different results if you clear your cookies and cache or use a different IP address and do not log in. Will that help maybe? I am not sure.
no I called Hilton reservations and they weren’t seeing standard either. Nor was chat.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I’ve never seen HBC below 50k points per night. I see a ton both cash ($190+/-) and points availability (55k/night) via random date searches in 2021Q1.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone been here recently in the covid era and care to share experience? Restaurants open? Pool fully functional/open? Etc.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.