Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations (Waikoloa) {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations (Waikoloa) {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Called Hilton and they immediately rectified the issue (and immediately credited my account for the missing ~45,000 points). They essentially blamed the hotel for not submitting the points request correctly (or whatever it is the hotel does to credit Honors members with points). So all is good after walking through my itemized bill line item by line item (I wanted to make sure I got credit for the incidental charges IN ADDITION TO the room charge).

And once again had a great time on the Big Island. 2nd visit in 2 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Especially enjoyed the King's Land and it's awesome (and UN-CROWDED) pool facilities.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
New Construction

Fyi, contracts were just awarded to begin construction on the next phase of Kings Land. The new buildings will be located far from the main pool, across the street from the operations building and across the street from the most recent addition to the complex. Because it is so far from everything else, there shouldn't be much in the way of construction noise...and they're going to erect a tall fence to keep people out and construction debris in. Site work should start this summer and construction on the buildings itself should be started later this year, opening as soon as later next year.

With the HWV Ocean Tower sales building wrapping up construction, the sales cubes in the Kings Land great room will pack up and head there. This means owners/visitors will finally have their clubhouse back too soon.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Trying to decide between booking Ocean tower and Kings Land for June 2020. Which one will have no construction around it?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by lilihmartin
Trying to decide between booking Lagoon tower and Kings Land for June 2020. Which one will have no construction around it?
Some major differences: Kings Land is inland, no ocean views, in the lava fields not far from the Queen Ka'ahumanu Hwy (Hwy 19), whereas Lagoon Tower is on a spit of rock oceanside. For sure, HWV Lagoon Tower is more scenic, particularly if you get ocean view. For sure Kings Land is more spacious.

Kings Land is condos, full cooking facilities, etc. whereas Lagoon Tower iirc has minimal cooking and suite properties in comparison.

For HWV Lagoon Tower, see layout diagrams here. For Kings Land see here.

Kings Land is free parking, whereas Lagoon Tower requires $30 daily remote parking ($35 valet with lengthy waits). At the HWV complex you’re a relatively captive audience to very crowded and expensive facilities, at Kings Land you’re free to go where you wish - and can visit HWV when you wish and even purchase HWV pool passes (why?) Both have shuttles that take you to the local shopping centers.

See post 25 above for additional information on Kings Land.
Attached Images  
lilihmartin likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 1, 2019 at 3:41 pm
Old May 8, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Empty

Went by Kings Land to see how it's doing. So sad to see the place shuttered with empty parking lots. They have barriers and caution tape up at the abandoned resort.

Pretty much the same at Kohala Suites and the Hilton Waikoloa Village. At the Hilton, they're using the HGV shuttles as a barrier to prevent anyone from entering the driveways.

Kings Land Barricade

Empty resort
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Any updates on Kings Land? We have booked 5 nights at Ocean Tower but with free parking and closer access to the outside, along with the full kitchen, we are tempted to switch if HGVC lets us. We'd agreed to a timeshare meeting but we will survive that either way.
Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Any updates on Kings Land? We have booked 5 nights at Ocean Tower but with free parking and closer access to the outside, along with the full kitchen, we are tempted to switch if HGVC lets us. We'd agreed to a timeshare meeting but we will survive that either way.
Thanks!
Our family has stayed at Kings Land several times. The pools and waterslides are the best feature. The rest is typical timeshare layout and construction. Kings Land is bookable on the Hilton website, but I do not know the current COVID status of the water features.
Be aware that the annual fees for a timeshare there are in excess of $2,000/year and that resales can be had for very cheap. Every time we have stayed there I disconnected the phone in the room to thwart the timeshare sales calls.
kyushuman and BlondeBomber like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:52 am

I'm super confused by the Hilton options in Waikoloa. Considering a timeshare presentation package for $699+tax for 5n/6d. The options seem to be King's Land and Ocean Tower. It is unclear if Kohala Suites and Bay Club have availability for our dates; I got a different answer the two times I spoke to someone.

I seem to be leaning towards King's Land over Ocean Tower based on some of the comments in this thread and others, but what are the pros and cons of each of the four? And what sort of room type does one get at each place if doing the timeshare pitch? A renovated timeshare room or the old hotel rooms? (Is this only an issue in the Ocean Tower which has both types of rooms, hotel and timeshare, but not in the other ones which are just HGVI properties?)

Our priority is to use the room as a cheap base to explore the Kohala area and the north side of the Big Island (we will spend some time in Kona and Hilo separately) and as such would probably appreciate a kitchen. We are not resort people.

Thank you!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by abcx
Our priority is to use the room as a cheap base to explore the Kohala area and the north side of the Big Island
With this stipulation I'd definitely choose Kings' Land. Getting to/from your vehicle will be IMMENSELY easier and faster.

Enjoy the "Big Island" and be sure to hike down to the beach (it is tough) from the

Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

Our priority is to use the room as a cheap base to explore the Kohala area and the north side of the Big Island (we will spend some time in Kona and Hilo separately) and as such would probably appreciate a kitchen. We are not resort people.

Thank you!
We had the $649 for 5 nights- timeshare presentation and stayed at the Ocean Tower... (the actual presentation is at Kings Land, ironically) last July.
We were very uninterested in the wildly overcrowded pools and hotel, so we used it as a base and spent every day but one outside the hotel. For the price, this was great, so we had no complaints. Big (not fancy or renovated) room with great view over golf and toward the hills) and a nice big balcony. Forget getting a kitchen unit at Ocean Tower, I guess you might get lucky but absolutely don't expect it. The inventory for timeshare bookings is different and so they really had no power to put us into a kitchen unit. Even though we were told we'd get one if available by the timeshare salespeople (keyword: salespeople, who likely had no idea).
Agree 100% with the poster above that if you won't be just using the pools and beachside services and you'll just be using it as a base, Ocean Tower adds AT LEAST 30 minutes each way to/from your car. At least. Even if you think you'll be quicker, a brisk walk in the heat (so you're getting sweaty too) it's a good 20-25 minutes. If you time the monorail right I'd still say 20 min. and there is NO WAY to get to the Ocean Tower other than monorail or long walk (or maybe the even -slower gondolas).
Again, we don't regret it as the 5 nights were pleasant, but Kings Land is literally outside the parking area. Not near ocean, at least a 10-15 minute walk to a beach (more?). I would assume more (or all?) Kings Land rooms have a kitchen and parking is nearby.
Best thing about the timeshare presentation: We got there about 20 minutes late as we'd assumed it would be in the Ocean Towers and had to hustle over to Kings Land.... when we arrived they were sorry but had no salespeople available for a presentation. Then after we waited 20 more minutes, the Manager/General Manager brought us into his office and said he could get us a tour if we were interested (we weren't!) so, since he was short staffed and was interviewing salespeople in 10 minutes(!), how about he just gives us our $200 voucher and the 20K Hhonors points and we call it a day? YAY.
Day trips we LOVED -- and with just these 5 days on the Big Island, we were going from dawn till dusk, with a ton more we need to do next time. Here's what we accomplished: 4-5 farmers markets all over the island; a snorkelling trip to Captain Cook Bay (saw a group of 5 sharks even!) ; Hike down to Wai'Pio Valley; Volcanoes National Park is a stunner; the Octopus Farm (!) near the airport, and Greenwell Coffee Farm -- private tour-- fantastic. Feel free to message me for more info.
steves likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Availability for HGV Waikoloa is really bad. I just called and the earliest check-in availability is 7/1/22. I guess I won't be able to take advantage of the $649 timeshare promo. I ended up redeeming 5 nights at the regular Hilton Waikoloa hotel instead. Availability on the Hilton website and what the timeshare office has is different.

Last edited by araknis; Feb 12, 2022 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:58 pm

We had the $649 for 5 nights- timeshare presentation and stayed at the Ocean Tower... (the actual presentation is at Kings Land, ironically) last July.
We were very uninterested in the wildly overcrowded pools and hotel, so we used it as a base and spent every day but one outside the hotel. For the price, this was great, so we had no complaints. Big (not fancy or renovated) room with great view over golf and toward the hills) and a nice big balcony. Forget getting a kitchen unit at Ocean Tower, I guess you might get lucky but absolutely don't expect it. The inventory for timeshare bookings is different and so they really had no power to put us into a kitchen unit. Even though we were told we'd get one if available by the timeshare salespeople (keyword: salespeople, who likely had no idea).
Agree 100% with the poster above that if you won't be just using the pools and beachside services and you'll just be using it as a base, Ocean Tower adds AT LEAST 30 minutes each way to/from your car. At least. Even if you think you'll be quicker, a brisk walk in the heat (so you're getting sweaty too) it's a good 20-25 minutes. If you time the monorail right I'd still say 20 min. and there is NO WAY to get to the Ocean Tower other than monorail or long walk (or maybe the even -slower gondolas).
Again, we don't regret it as the 5 nights were pleasant, but Kings Land is literally outside the parking area. Not near ocean, at least a 10-15 minute walk to a beach (more?). I would assume more (or all?) Kings Land rooms have a kitchen and parking is nearby.
Best thing about the timeshare presentation: We got there about 20 minutes late as we'd assumed it would be in the Ocean Towers and had to hustle over to Kings Land.... when we arrived they were sorry but had no salespeople available for a presentation. Then after we waited 20 more minutes, the Manager/General Manager brought us into his office and said he could get us a tour if we were interested (we weren't!) so, since he was short staffed and was interviewing salespeople in 10 minutes(!), how about he just gives us our $200 voucher and the 20K Hhonors points and we call it a day? YAY.
Day trips we LOVED -- and with just these 5 days on the Big Island, we were going from dawn till dusk, with a ton more we need to do next time. Here's what we accomplished: 4-5 farmers markets all over the island; a snorkelling trip to Captain Cook Bay (saw a group of 5 sharks even!) ; Hike down to Wai'Pio Valley; Volcanoes National Park is a stunner; the Octopus Farm (!) near the airport, and Greenwell Coffee Farm -- private tour-- fantastic. Feel free to message me for more info.
Thank you, this is really helpful! Our options are either Kings Land, Ocean Tower or an Airbnb/condo rental in Waikoloa Colony Villas or something for $250/nt, so I'm thinking of just doing King's Land. Not sure the other condo complexes in Waikoloa will be all that better in terms of location or room.

I imagine the Ocean Tower room isn't Ocean View anyway? That's the only thing that might potentially sway us towards it given all the other negatives.

Love the Big Island. Been there before 10 years ago but taking my parents this time!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by araknis
Availability for HGV Waikoloa is really bad. I just called and the earliest check-in availability is 7/1/22. I guess I won't be able to take advantage of the $649 timeshare promo. I ended up redeeming 5 nights at the regular Hilton Waikoloa hotel instead. Availability on the Hilton website and what the timeshare office has is different.
Sorry do you mean redeeming Hhonors points? Or redeeming your Timeshare promo that gives 5 nights for $699?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:18 pm

Thank you, this is really helpful! Our options are either Kings Land, Ocean Tower or an Airbnb/condo rental in Waikoloa Colony Villas or something for $250/nt, so I'm thinking of just doing King's Land. Not sure the other condo complexes in Waikoloa will be all that better in terms of location or room.

I imagine the Ocean Tower room isn't Ocean View anyway? That's the only thing that might potentially sway us towards it given all the other negatives.

Love the Big Island. Been there before 10 years ago but taking my parents this time!
Not 100% sure but at least 6 months ago in July 2021, Timeshare promo rooms were alotted the Golf Course (back) view and were not renovated and were not kitchen units. They were generously sized hotel rooms with a balcony and decent mountain views in the distance.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Sorry do you mean redeeming Hhonors points? Or redeeming your Timeshare promo that gives 5 nights for $699?
I'm referring to using the $699 timeshare promo. The Hilton website availability is different than what is available for the promo. Calling in to the timeshare department is the only way to check availability.
kyushuman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.