Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very nice welcome email

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
Very nice welcome email

I'll copy and paste. I thought it was extremely nice for a holiday week to send this to guests. Above and beyond in my opinion.
Good afternoon,

Allow me to introduce myself, I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Dade City/Zephyrhills. We are looking forward to your arrival next week. I wanted to personally invite you a get together that we are starting this year on Thursday, Thanksgiving day. From 2pm-6pm, we will be serving our Thanksgiving dinner buffet style to all our registered guests. So, should you not have prior plans, or if you just can't get enough turkey..., we would love to have you celebrate the holiday with us. Also, while you are here at the hotel, if there is anything that you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours in Service,
David E. Loomis
General Manager
Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills
13215 US Hwy 301
Dade City, FL 33525
t: 352-567-5277
f: 352-567-5776

Our Hotel is ranked in the top 10% of all Hampton Inn's for 2009 for our service and accommodations, and we are ranked 8th in the state of Florida.

Kudos to this manager!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
That is a very nice gesture - he's obviously into the satisfaction thing. ^
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by mscoachung
I wanted to personally invite you a get together that we are starting this year on Thursday, Thanksgiving day. From 2pm-6pm, we will be serving our Thanksgiving dinner buffet style to all our registered guests. So, should you not have prior plans, or if you just can't get enough turkey..., we would love to have you celebrate the holiday with us.
A turkey buffet, very nice! ^^

David
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
That is a very nice gesture indeed.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Except there isn't a key word in there.... 'complimentary'.... Could be that he's inviting you to a paid lunch :P

However - its still a nice gesture, and a good way to advertise what they're doing - very sensible marketing.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Except there isn't a key word in there.... 'complimentary'.... Could be that he's inviting you to a paid lunch :P
However - its still a nice gesture, and a good way to advertise what they're doing - very sensible marketing.
You nailed it very well. If free then it is a nice thing. If you gotta pay then its a blatant advertisement along with the other spam one gets every day. A couple of times I was invited by email to attend a free BBQ at some HS and HGI properties. Now that was a nice gesture and the food was quite good.

MisterNice
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The "complimentary" aspect is very heavily implied, though he does fail to actually use the word. Mr. Loomis would have to be incredibly stupid not to forsee the potential ill will of then charging for the event. Possible, but unlikely...

Moreover, "we will be serving our Thanksgiving dinner buffet style to all our registered guests" would indicate that if he looking to defray the costs with some sort of "cover charge", other "(paying) customers" should be welcome, no?
Old Nov 26, 2009, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
My travels down I-75 on Thanksgiving week

For a follow up. I checked in at 12:30. Room was ready, all requests, preferences received. A true buffet was served. Red skin mashed potatos, Reak turkey "not preformed chopped slices" with gravy, stuffing (it was stove top like but i won't complain", pickled beets & eggs and pumpkin pie. I tasted some of all since we had just done dinner at my parents earlier and I was quite impressed. No tip jar, hot coffee and tea available. No charge or tip even suggested. Several pies and beverages still available at 6:30 for later arriving guests.
As a result, I cancelled my reservation for tomorrow night at a different hotel and will remain here another night. Rate $98 a night, nice room, large fridge & micowave, 32" flat screen. no parking fee.
This hotel deserves to be rated as one of the better HI in my opinion.
Compared to last night at Brooksville/Dade City. We had a large room, king study. $113 a night. Cocktail hour with free beer & wine, hot egg rolls, cheese, crackers, veggies and dip until 8 pm then cookies all evening. Good breakfast. Cheese omelettes, sausage gravy, hash browns, juice. Both were way better than DT in Atlanta on Tuesday. A decent hotel who really does try.
DT ATL. parking fee, awful breakfast. thank god it was free as a diamond. I wouldn't have paid the $13.95 they charged. No fridge/microwave. We did get cookies! Considered the DT on the way back but $129 on a Wdnesday for that hotel is unreasonable when there is a HI&S, HGI, and Hilton all within a few hundred yards.
Can't say anything bad, only good and great about either of the Hamptons and their standards of service.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Excellent!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:37 pm

Thank you for all the kind words, I am sorry if I was not clear. It is free. And it was such a success, we are doing it again today for all our guests.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:55 pm

Haha! We did the same thing for our guests as well!

Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, green beans almondine, corn and ginger breads, apple and pumpkin pies and cheesecake... needless to say, our guests (and staff) were very happy!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA(1k)/AA/NW/HHonors Diamond/Priority Club Gold/Golden Circle
This post, along with my own recent anecdotal experiences--EXTREMELY POSITIVE--have me convinced that Hampton Inn is the best in its class.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 9:55 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Originally Posted by hiflyer66
This post, along with my own recent anecdotal experiences--EXTREMELY POSITIVE--have me convinced that Hampton Inn is the best in its class.
Same here. I was recently staying at the HI in Greensburg IN, and they were having problems with the TVs in the rooms. They had a Monday Night Football party in the lounge, free beer, wine, sodas and snacks. There were about 20 guests attending. Something linke this could be a popular feature, getting guests to mingle and socialize a bit.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Awesome, something I would expect from Hampton Inn managers. They may not be the top of the chain, but they provide great CS!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Glad to see you posted David.
IMO Hamptons are consistent and generally a positive experience, unlike Hiltons and DT's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.