Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto City Centre {CAN} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto City Centre {CAN} (no longer Honors)

Old May 15, 11, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
I stayed there this past week. The entire staff was amazing. Each time I saw the GM she made it a point to stop by and ask we were enjoying our stay. Clearly the attitude at the hotel started at the top and worked its way down to each and every person on the staff.

We found the rooms to be quite nice as well. All in all a very pleasant stay, I will return the next time I'm in Toronto.
Old Feb 12, 16, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Does anyone know why this property is no longer a Hilton brand?
Old Apr 10, 16, 10:25 am

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Action Man View Post
Does anyone know why this property is no longer a Hilton brand?
A bit late to the party but thought I'd respond - hotel is being torn down (presumably for urban renewal, aka, condo development). Sad to see as I stayed at this property quite a bit when in YYZ, quite enjoyed the location.
Old Apr 10, 16, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
I'm surprised it's being torn down already. I thought it was less than 10 years old. There aren't that many Hilton properties in Toronto
Old Apr 10, 16, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I'm surprised it's being torn down already. I thought it was less than 10 years old. There aren't that many Hilton properties in Toronto
In downtown Toronto, you have the Hilton, the Doubletree and the HGI in the Entertainment district, so 3 options isn't that bad. As far as the age of the building, it may have been close to 10 years as an HGI but is actually a refurb from another chain, so the building is not as new as it looks. Looking at the area, I found this hotel to be slightly out of the way, and as a result, usually had to offer rates that were quite lower than the other 3 Hilton options.

I used to stay there fairly regularly (due to the rate), but with the addition of the Doubletree, I haven't been there in at least 2 years

Search this Thread
Search Engine: