Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

No Challenges/ Matching except Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I called HHonors this morning and was told they do not do challenges or match status except to diamond. I asked about the hiltonracing.com fast track promotion (that I had previously signed up for) and was told it is not listed in my promotions and there was no way to match or fast track/challenge to gold. Is this true or did I just get a customer service rep that didn't know what she was talking about?

I have 25+ nights this year at Marriott and switched over to Hilton about 45 days ago and have 5 stays/8 nights with them so far.... I should get Gold by the end of the year regardless but I would like to get Gold before a series of stays coming in 2 weeks.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I got a free gold card sent to me earlier this year when the teamed up with bmi, where I am a gold card holder. It gave me an incentive to spread the business - so from a marketing oportunity it has worked.

As I have Marriott gold, IHC plat etc etc it was just another to add to the bundle, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the hotels.

I have had 31 nights (in 15 stays) since June with them so will probably get upgraded at some point.

Anyway, yes they do give golds out!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by check9rip
I called HHonors this morning and was told they do not do challenges or match status except to diamond. I asked about the hiltonracing.com fast track promotion (that I had previously signed up for) and was told it is not listed in my promotions and there was no way to match or fast track/challenge to gold. Is this true or did I just get a customer service rep that didn't know what she was talking about?

I have 25+ nights this year at Marriott and switched over to Hilton about 45 days ago and have 5 stays/8 nights with them so far.... I should get Gold by the end of the year regardless but I would like to get Gold before a series of stays coming in 2 weeks.
Continental is still offering HHonors Gold to its OnePass Gold Elite
(Why you want to move to HHonors when about half of the HHonors Diamond wants to leave?)
Old Oct 25, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Continental is still offering HHonors Gold to its OnePass Gold Elite
How is this offer made? Targeted? On the website?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

Deleted.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 25, 2009 at 6:58 pm Reason: Wrong thread. Over to master thread...
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
How is this offer made? Targeted? On the website?
It should be targeted. I received two months ago with my CO gold card.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Gold is also a benefit of Lufthansa Hon Circle status.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:44 pm

hilton gold

If you are looking for Gold, you can always get AMEX Surpass Card, first year you get free Gold Status, the fee is $75/year but there are plenty of reports of getting $50 off if you ask a supervisor to do that.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

So after 2 calls to HHonors I was told to bad there is no way to match to Gold....so I sent an email to [email protected] asking and attached a pdf copy of my Marriott activity statement... about 4 days later I received this:

Dear Mr. Check9rip:

Thank you for your request regarding an upgrade to the Gold VIP Level.

Based on the documentation you have provided, we are happy to extend a special one-time upgrade to Gold VIP. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your new card in the mail.

Should you require further assistance please contact the Hilton Customer Service Center at the address or telephone number listed below. Any HHonors Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your continuing support of the Hilton Family and the HHonors guest reward program.

Sincerely,

Jordan XXXXX
HRCC Member Services
P.O. Box 9003
Addison, TX 75001-9003
P. 1.800.548.8690
F. 1.972.788.1818
E. [email protected]
www.hiltonworldwide.com

So much for there is no way they can give me Gold....it already reflects the status change on hilton.com... now if I could of only received a challenge to diamond!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by check9rip
I asked about the hiltonracing.com fast track promotion (that I had previously signed up for) and was told it is not listed in my promotions
Got exactly the same response from HHonors after E Mailing a JPEG of the screen saying "Thank you for registering for hiltonracing, your card will be sent to you..." and another JPEG of "Membership Benefits" with "Fast-track to Gold" at the top of the list.

So far have had no joy, the HHonors crooks are telling me it doesn't exist, I'm not registered, and other obvious lies.

After a few weeks as an HHonors member I'm on the fast-track back to PC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.