Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Please list Executive lounges that charge for drinks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Gold

A friend of mine just stayed at the Hilton Sacramento. They charged $5 a drink in the executive lounge, outrageous!

All the Hilton's that I've stayed at were none USA Hilton's and never charged for a drink.

What other Hilton's charge for drinks in the executive lounge?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:54 am
cjd

Originally Posted by xxrice
A friend of mine just stayed at the Hilton Sacramento. They charged $5 a drink in the executive lounge, outrageous!

All the Hilton's that I've stayed at were none USA Hilton's and never charged for a drink.

What other Hilton's charge for drinks in the executive lounge?
It will be a long list! Most USA Hiltons charge for alcoholic drinks in their Executive Lounges. Exec Lounges in non USA Hiltons tend to give complimentary alcoholic drinks either all day or during certain "happy hour" times, usually in the evening.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: US Airways - CP; Continental Airlines - Platinum; Hilton HHonors - Diamond
To name two...
Hilton Minneapolis (Downtown - not the one by the airport)
Hilton Riverside (New Orleans)
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Is there any hilton hotel in the US that doesn't charge for alcohol?? I don't know any.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Free....

Hilton by MDW
Hilton by MSP
Dbl Tree Downers Grove, IL
Dbl Tree Independence, OH
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:10 am
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Yeah, I think it would be a far, FAR, shorter list to show the USA properties that have free alcoholic drinks in the lounge.

Of course, I'm not counting ES's with their two-drink happy hour (that I always seem to get back too late for).
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gof
Yeah, I think it would be a far, FAR, shorter list to show the USA properties that have free alcoholic drinks in the lounge.

Of course, I'm not counting ES's with their two-drink happy hour (that I always seem to get back too late for).
Please dont forget its usally bottom shelf booze and the super-salty stale nibble-stuff.

MisterNice.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Hilton St Charles Ave New Orleans, LA
Hilton Logan Airport Boston, MA
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Silver, National Exec Elite
Please list the lounges that don't charge. I haven't been to one that doesn't but keep in mind the drink prices usually are less than what you would pay at the bar. I think if you are a more recent business traveler in the US like me those perks are almost null.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
The Hilton in Mesa, AZ does not charge and the Hilton Tucson East has a two free drink per person limit. The Hilton Phoenix Airport now charges for drinks and it used to be free.

I am in Europe and have yet to encouter a Hilton lounge that charges....very nice benefit over here.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:38 pm

Hilton Fort Collins, CO does not charge for beer or wine (2 per person then a $2 charge) No mixed drinks available.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
One thing to keep in mind is that in the US each state has different alcohol laws. Many states regulate how alcohol can be distributed (Some can't give it away for free, others must have an attended facility, others must serve it, but now allow self serve, etc.) It all depends on the license each property has.

As mentioned earlier, it is my general experience that the US hotels charge and the European / Asian hotels don't. I actually don't mind paying, but lets keep it to a reasonable fee and not room service style price gouging. I always feel like it is the guy who has 4 plates of appetizers and 8 drinks at the lounge that is ruining it for the rest of us.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
You can add to the question those that don't have a lounge but give free-booze vouchers (well one free drink.. ;-)

Santa-Ana-Airport Hilton

BM
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:09 pm

Hilton Lisle, Ill. charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.