Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Increased Points Required for Reward Redemption as of January 2010; New Category 7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Increased Points Required for Reward Redemption as of January 2010; New Category 7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
Okay, with the re-leveling of properties and the individual point costs now posted, this does look like a bad thing. The only up-side is that the cat 4 (now 5) 4-night award is 1,000 points cheaper than it was before. There better be a wholesale property level demotion to justify this.
Please don't hold your breath for that last sentence to come to be, as we wouldn't want anyone here to pass away due to a lack of oxygen.

Doesn't it make sense for Hilton HHonors that the worst news for the customers is timed to be back-ended as much as possible so that the overwhelming majority of the installed base of customers are already largely committed to elite status with HHonors before the worst news comes out? Fortunately there is the option to getting status matched by other hotel programs, but unfortunately most HHonors elites probably don't even know that status matches are provided by other hotels.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
It is funny how often this happens....rumor comes out somehow, complaints start, some posters say give them a chance to come out with the final version, and then when they do come out with the final version it looks even worse than the original rumors.

People, Hilton is the only hotel company that devalues their point currency in such a horrible market!!!

And then they have the audacity to post this in the FAQ's:

When was the last point redemption increase?
The last time we updated our point levels was June 2003.

I think the rocket scientists who took the reins of this company (hey, great timing guys!) really have no clue on how to run them! I posted here, when this rumor first came out, I was going to take a pass on the AMEX Surpass card and stick to the regular AMEX. Now I am going to give up on this card too as of 1/1/2010 and go back to the old reliable Starwood AMEX, at least then I can pick and choose on what to do with my points and not have them hostage to these arrogant clueless beancounters.

And I am going to get me book them points before the increase takes effect....Looking for Sao Paulo and maybe return to Hawaii next year.

If darn Priority Club had a decent credit card they would have earned my loyalty a long time ago. Point Breakers vs. Point Stretchers...cough, anyone seen them disappearing Stretchers lately? Anyone?

It was a great run while it lasted....Hilton Waikoloa, Cavalieri, Athens, and Kuala Lumpur were full of great memories...

Too bad there are not going to be any more in my FT career, this was a body blow to all loyal Hilton fans....If they were doing great business I would understand it...In this environment, this is suicidal!!!!

Thank you for reading, I feel so much better I got this off my chest!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Can HHonorsRepresentatiove please explain this insanity in clear simple language.

By insanity I mean devaluing HHonors points when the economy is in an unprecedented slump, and business travelers are staying away in droves.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:33 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Now that the details of the changes of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program have been announced, please follow and continue the discussion in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-changes.html thread to keep the information consolidated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.