Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:54 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
www.londontown.com

Has anyone successfully received stay credit/points or claimed against the Hilton guaranteed matching rate plus $50 using a rate from www.londontown.com recently? (I searched the Hilton forum and comments are somewhat stale.)

I see www.londontown.com beats rates at several of the London Hiltons for dates in January.
Thanks.
Rich
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You need to call the hotel directy. I've seen it at times where the hotels were incredibly strict on the two and only two people of any age rule, then a month later not a problem.

It can be very hard at times to get more then two people in a standard room in London.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:51 am

I have never had a problem travelling with my spouse and teenage daughter and staying in one room in any Hilton property throughout the U.K.
London Heathrow Hilton was extremely accomodating, sending someone up to our room to remove the small table and chairs from our room to put in a rollaway bed. The Leeds City Hilton upgraded up to a suite (we are only Gold, not Diamond). . . so we got a sofabed plus a king bed. Newcastle Hilton likewise accomodated us.
So, I would think that infants might pose less of a problem for space in the small rooms.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Gold
Hilton Park Lane or Metropole for family of 4 ?

OK, I know there are a lot of posts on London Hiltons but want to ask:

For a diamond family of 4 getting 2 rooms (using combo of points/pay). Which is the better hotel for location to all major tourist sites, executive lounges for food/drink, quality of rooms.....Park Lane or Metropole ? Thanks for any comments.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Park Lane. Right across the street from Hyde Park, down the road from Buckingham Palace, other direction is Harrods and shopping, walkable to most major tourist stuff. Hyde Park Corner tube stop across the street too. Probably serve your needs best.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:05 am

Don't disagree about Park Lane being better location for walking but Metropole is also right across the street from the tube. Metropole lounge and lounge staff are great and they seem to accomodate families quite well.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 3:05 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Stayed at the Metropole 3 times last year. On two occasions with the wife plus 2 young children. The staff were excellent, and the kids loved the liesure facilities, particularly the pool.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:29 pm

Umbrellas

Do any/all London Hiltons have umbrellas available for guests to use when staying?
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by suzieq
Do any/all London Hiltons have umbrellas available for guests to use when staying?
Yes at Park Lane, Paddington, and possibly Metropole. They are in the closets in the exec rooms, and available at the front desk otherwise.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Metropole has a great location, its not "right across" Hyde Park, but less than a 5-7min walk, plus its at the tube, as well as being on Edgeware Road. Park Lane is more expensive I think, and its a nice quiet street, with the bustle of Oxford street like a 3 - 10 minute walk away (depends where on park lane)

Personally, I like the Metropole more

Hope this helps
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:20 am

Had a great stay a year ago at Metroploe with wife and 2 kids. Lounge access was very nice. Metropole has family rooms with 2 queen beds, so you don't need a second room. Check Park Lane to be sure that you can accomodate 4 in one room; I found that this is fairly uncommon in UK and that maximum occupancy per room is often 2 or 3.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:57 am

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the feedback...we are going to stay at the Metropole.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:07 pm
cwc

Park Lane.
Mark and Spencer right round the corner (grocery for kids).
Nobu next to the hotel (sushi for parents)
Walk to Harrods. (tea for everyone)
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:25 am

is LHR really worth category 5?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Best London Hilton for overnight errand in London?

On an upcoming trip, we'll be stopping over in London (flight arrives at LHR around 8 pm) to visit friends before continuing on the next day to Spain. We need a hotel that fits our budget (under 140 pounds, excluding taxes), with quick/inexpensive transportation connections to get us from and to LHR (leaving on a mid-morning flight the next day). Will have to travel by tube to meet up with our friends, probably in the West End or Kensington. Hilton Paddington is out of our range, considering the Metropole, the Olympia and the Kensington. The budget isn't so skinny that we have to use the tube in both directions, but will probably want to use at least in one direction. Suggestions for convenient inexpensive non-Hiltons would also be appreciated. Can't use priceline for this booking. The Olympia is a much better price than the Kensington, but what are the transportation options like? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.