Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Can anyone compare this hotel with the Roma InterContinental?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:34 am

La Pergola

The restaurant gets rave reviews everywhere! If we put the bill on our room, will we get points? (award stay)
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Interconti + = Location
Cavalieri Hilton + = View and atmosphere

When I stayed at the Interconti in Rome I had a pretty horrible tiny room, but then being so much downtown I didn't spend any time there.

All in all, I'd choose the Hilton - but that's probably becuse I'm HH Diamond and SPG Nothing.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
The restaurant gets rave reviews everywhere! If we put the bill on our room, will we get points? (award stay)
Yes I got points for my entire dining bill at La Pergola all 350 euros of it on the last ocasion

mike
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:49 pm

Current Cavalieri email address?

I know there are lots of Cavalieri posts and I've read most of them more than once. Can anyone post a current email address for the hotel?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Try looking here: http://www.cavalieri-hilton.it/indexx.html

I found it via the stickies in about thirty seconds. Thanks, HH mods!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Airport to Hotel questions

What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? Is it taxi? if so - how much are they charging nowadays and how far/long is it?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:47 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davistev
What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? Is it taxi? if so - how much are they charging nowadays and how far/long is it?
We have been very happy with this company. The transfer from Cavalieri to FCO took about half-an-hour in the early morning (with virtually no traffic), and the price was very reasonable: 35 EUR for a Mercedes E-class.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Stayed there on a GLON-P award in Oct. 2004 (175,000 pts for 6 nts). As a Gold, they put us on the exec floor with full lounge privileges. Best Hilton lounge I've ever seen and the room was very nice, but didn't overlook the city (I guess I had to be Diamond for that). Great use of the points!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: United Gold, US Air Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was there last week and it was one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. Upgraded to the Executive level and had a room with a view of the Vatican and the city. The lounge was lovely, food and drink were plentiful - staff couldn't have been more helpful. The shuttle is a bit of a pain. They're not very specific about where to pick it up at Piazza Barberini - could be here, could be there. We missed it one night and I swear it just wasn't there at all, but we just stayed a few more hours, ate on the Via Venito and took a cab back for about 8 Euro.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by srk123
Stayed there on a GLON-P award in Oct. 2004 (175,000 pts for 6 nts). As a Gold, they put us on the exec floor with full lounge privileges. Best Hilton lounge I've ever seen and the room was very nice, but didn't overlook the city (I guess I had to be Diamond for that). Great use of the points!
I stayed there on a two night award at the end of December. As a Gold, they offered me either a room with a Rome View (with breakfast) or Executive Floor Room and Lounge access (but no view or full breakfast). I took the view because we were not going to be there much.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KVS
We have been very happy with this company. The transfer from Cavalieri to FCO took about half-an-hour in the early morning (with virtually no traffic), and the price was very reasonable: 35 EUR for a Mercedes E-class.
Another reference point for good service of romeshuttlelimousine. The driver waited for us with a sign at the airport. The car is clean and driver speaks good English.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
We were there yesterday. Great hotel with fabulous staff (Edwige & Rachel, especially). I had booked two rooms with points and both were upgraded to very nice Executive rooms with city view. The view was truly magnificent ^ . The Executive lounge was quite good as well as the spa.

Standard taxi from the Hilton at FCO charged us EUR 56. On the way back to the airport, the Concierge recommended that we use a hotel car, which was nicer, for a fixed charge of EUR 50.

Overall, a great stay at a very nice hotel with great staff.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by KVS
You did much better than I did. I paid 70E on a Sunday with a few bags. Not bad for 15 minutes worth of work. What's that $360 an hour? Makes Brer Bears "A dollar a minute" look quite weak.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:27 pm

Returned home on 2/4/07. The hotel was everything we had hoped for and more. Our room was on the executive floor with a breathtaking view of the city. The offerings and service in the executive lounge were awesome. La Pergola was closed. . . but it was definitely to be open for Valentine's Day and the advertised 8 course VD dinner with champagne was 395 euro per person. One night we had dinner in the restaurant on the lower floor. It cost $200US for 2 without wine and the food was nothing special. The hotel staff were wonderful except for the concierge who was not very helpful and seemed a little snooty. We were very pleased with the service at romeshuttlelimousine.com. We booked online with an email to [email protected] No cc needed to reserve. It was 35euros and the driver held up a sign with our name on it. The 3day romapass was a great deal as it covered metro/bus travel and entrances to most museums.

The Cavalieri sealed our loyalty to Hilton!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.