Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate

Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite

I saw the MVP rate on the too large "any new promotions" thread. I booked a suite at the DT Times Square on http://www.hiltonfamilymvp.com at a great rate- in fact cheaper than the identical time frame three years ago. My question is, can anyone use the MVP rate? It's apparently a rate designed for Olympic committees, etc. I couldn't find any terms and conditions except, "Special Rate- HHonors number required when booking. Subject to availability restrictions at each Hotel. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do no offer. HHonors number/card required when booking. 20% off BAR..." I was able to book the hotel with the rate type, "MVP Program Rate at Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square- New York City," which is printed on the confirmation. Should I have any concerns that I will show up and told to pay rack rate?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:47 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I would assume if you printed out your reservation with the rate listed, that should be sufficient to quell any argument. YMMV.

Cheers
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:34 pm

Hilton Family MVP?

I'm tyring to find out more about the MVP program, but search does not work for "MVP" (too short). In particular, it appears to offer 20% off BAR, and a fast track to gold (standard 4 stays or 9 nights in 90 days). What is the MVP program?? Open to anyone??

TIA
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:04 pm

I just looked up some hotels on that website that I may need to stay at. Some did not have any MVP rate offered, just the Best Avail.

Another had a nice MVP rate offered with just standard requirement "must be asked for/not offered."

And yet another had an oustanding price BUT also included these significant restrictions:
Special Rate. Press Credentials are required at check in.
Subject to availability restrictions at each Hotel.
Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. Press
Credentials are required at check-in.Individual sports
traveler program. Travelers will have direct affiliation
with professional sports clubs,collegiate athletic
departments or amateur sportsAssociations.
Features: Special rate. Subject to hotel availability,
length of stay restrictions, Blackout dates may apply.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Appears it's only good for hotels in the US.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Appears it's only good for hotels in the US.
Good for Canada as well!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by brengaz
I'm tyring to find out more about the MVP program, but search does not work for "MVP" (too short). In particular, it appears to offer 20% off BAR, and a fast track to gold (standard 4 stays or 9 nights in 90 days). What is the MVP program?? Open to anyone??

TIA
You have to enclose "MVP" in quotes for Search to be able to find it.

I've used MVP rates a few times without any issues at all. They're not always available at a given hotel on given dates. But they are a good deal when they are! (They are NOT prepaid and they ARE cancellable, unlike the other low rates called "Net Direct" rates.)

As for the Fast Track to Gold, that is offered to various people in various ways -- not just on the "Hilton Family MVP" website. For example, it seems to be routinely offered to Golds when they fail to requalify.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I just used it this past weekend at several properties in California. Two HGIs and one ES, no problemmo. ^

David
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
qualifying for points?

Just came across this thread. Can someone please confirm that the MVP rate qualifies for points and bonuses? Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by africansky
Just came across this thread. Can someone please confirm that the MVP rate qualifies for points and bonuses? Thanks!
Confirmed. I use the MVP rate all of the time and always get all points and bonuses.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Ditto. I've been using the MVP rate all year (thanks to learning of it on FT) and gotten all the benefits of any other rate.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 1:21 am

Thanks guys. I have a few stays coming up next year.

alextktan
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
We book all our rooms through the MVP website and have never had an issue. I love that I we usually pay the AP rate but can cancel if needed.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I booked a MVP rate at a Homewood last week. The confirmation page that I printed up stipulated I needed to provide proof of press credentials. Obviously I ignored the requirement and no such proof was mentioned at check in. I have been booking rooms via the MVP portal for almost two years and never saw press credentials printed on any other of my confirmations. Gave me quite a chuckle.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
New to the MVP rate

I just used the MVP rate on Jan 6th.
I got a nice discount and had no problems.
I did not see any specifics or requirements about credentials or affiliations needed.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

This just seems to be a good deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.