Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Posts older than 2014 for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (to 2013)

Posts newer than 2017 for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (2018)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 1, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:31 am

Arrow [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2015] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

having seen the outragious prices for wine and alcohol, is there any reason why one cant just pack a bottle or two of vodka or rum with the baggage.

Since they are clear, I could just put them in water bottles, no?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by jrreynolds
having seen the outragious prices for wine and alcohol, is there any reason why one cant just pack a bottle or two of vodka or rum with the baggage.

LOL why would you wanna get arrested for possession of a banned substance at the start of a holiday just to save a few quid? They have x ray machines. You ain't getting through customs with booze in your luggage, regardless of if it's in a water bottle or not.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:57 am

He probably figures he wouldn't get arrested. After all, I don't think any tourist has ever been arrested for that at the airport. A quick Google search came up dry. Pardon the pun!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jrreynolds

In addition to above I suggest to bring some canned food as well, I bet it will save you a lot!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by stiwi
In addition to above I suggest to bring some canned food as well, I bet it will save you a lot!
that's right, bring some whiskas and pedigree chum along should keep them from starving

i seriously don't understand why people think they should come to this place if they can't stump up the money to pay for what's here. it makes the prices higher for the rest of us as we end up subsidizing those sitting in their room devouring pot noodles instead of paying for real food
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Are the menus, complete with prices, available anywhere?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Unique name?
Are the menus, complete with prices, available anywhere?
See the Dropbox link in the Wiki.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
Yes, I'm usually at the weekly manager cocktails.
We'll be arriving there in a couple of weeks and will also hope to meet you in person.

A general question for anybody: We're packing as lightly as possible for this trip, even by our roll-aboard standards, and are wondering if water shoes are advisable in addition to sandals.

Apologies in advance if already asked and answered.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:41 pm

Just wanted to wish everyone on this forum, from CM to pineapple_09 to MaldivesFreak to ma91mph to everyone else who makes this a fun, enjoyable and education forum, a happy and joyous 2014!

May next year bring with it a wealth of interesting travel experiences, be they in Y, J or F, and positive hotel-stay experiences, be it in BVs or OWVs, and (please, Hilton), no more HHonor devaluations
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
We'll be arriving there in a couple of weeks and will also hope to meet you in person.

A general question for anybody: We're packing as lightly as possible for this trip, even by our roll-aboard standards, and are wondering if water shoes are advisable in addition to sandals.

Apologies in advance if already asked and answered.
What do you normally use water shoes for?
The shore is sandy. There aren't rocks or ironshore to hurt your feet. I didn't swim because I spent all my time diving, so my advice might be not that useful.

I pretty much went barefoot the entire time.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Happy new year!!!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
another option

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Haven't the foggiest. it is overnight, so maybe go rollerskating around the empty terminal at midnight? lol I had thought about staying at the transit hotel, but would probably just sleep in the lounge. Rather spend the money at Ithaa
We have same layover ord-auh-mle business class and have opted to get a room at staybridge on Yas island. Just a few miles from auh airport and get to layover in comfort and take a shower. Have lined up chauffeur service on Etihad to get there. It is included in business fare. We will see you there - we arrive on Monday jan 20th.
May or may not do the same for the return.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
that's right, bring some whiskas and pedigree chum along should keep them from starving

i seriously don't understand why people think they should come to this place if they can't stump up the money to pay for what's here. it makes the prices higher for the rest of us as we end up subsidizing those sitting in their room devouring pot noodles instead of paying for real food
I always bring snacks on vacation. I love "goobers" chocolates and beef jerky on the beach. I generally bring extra's for room attendants etc.
Hope this is ok cause Id hate to go without.
No worries - I'm still ready for my big meal come dinner time!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by manneca
What do you normally use water shoes for?
The shore is sandy. There aren't rocks or ironshore to hurt your feet. I didn't swim because I spent all my time diving, so my advice might be not that useful.

I pretty much went barefoot the entire time.
We use water shoes only for rocky beaches ashore and underwater so you've answered my question. Thanks! ^ That buys us a little more room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.