Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Amex: spend $1000, get free weekend night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Sorry if this has been discussed here already; looked for existing thread.

Received an email offer from Amex today: "Reward yourself: Earn a FREE Weekend Night Certificate from Hilton HHonors"

Offer: spend $1000 on Amex HHonors card by 12/15/16, get a free weekend night certificate,

I have the NAF card and put very little spend on the card, so I assume this offer was meant to get me to get the card out of the safe. Worked
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:48 pm

No offer for me I use the card 3-4 times a week at grocery stores.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I got this too, but couldn't find much in detail about the certificate, e.g. expiration date and restrictions on use (other than weekends only).
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My daughter in law got it too, enrolled and is looking forward to a free night anywhere. It will probably be like the cert with the Citi Reserve card. 1K b/w now and Christmas is just too easy so...yeah, it's kind of a no brainer.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jeebus
I got this too, but couldn't find much in detail about the certificate, e.g. expiration date and restrictions on use (other than weekends only).
It's in the long fine print:

"The Free One Weekend Night Certificate is valid for one (1) weekend night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability, at properties in the Hilton HHonors portfolio, excluding those listed at HHonors.com/weekendcertificate

The Free One Weekend Night Certificate is valid for 12 months after the date of issuance, as noted on the certificate."
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:09 pm

Found the offer on my Hilton Amex and tried to register. Did anyone receive an email confirmation of registration? Trying to register returned me to the landing page with no indication I registered successfully.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by BigDog
Found the offer on my Hilton Amex and tried to register. Did anyone receive an email confirmation of registration? Trying to register returned me to the landing page with no indication I registered successfully.
received confirmations for 3 family accounts. i encountered an error registering for one account so i tried registering again and received an email confirmation shortly afterwards. this is an awesome promotion - i'm glad i didn't upgrade all our accounts to the surpass back when they were running the 100K bonus upgrade promotion!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigDog
The registration appeared to fail; it threw me back to the login screen. But trying to register again it then told me I was already registered and shortly after I received the confirmation email.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Just recently started using the card again after doing spend on another card. Email confirmation showed up a minute after I registered.

T&C:
To be eligible for this special offer, you must be the Basic Card Member on the offer communication, and you must enroll and spend $1,000 between now and 12/15/2016. You must log on to americanexpress.com/hiltonfreenight using your americanexpress.com user ID and password, and enroll your Hilton HHonors™ American Express Card identified at americanexpress.com/hiltonfreenight.

After enrolling the Card, you can earn a Free Weekend Night Certificate from Hilton HHonors™ when you spend $1,000 in purchases on your Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express during the promotion period. Purchases to meet the spend requirement of this offer do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchase of travelers checks, purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, or other cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the Free Weekend Night Certificate, your account must not be cancelled or in default at the time of fulfillment. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time. If the HHonors member does not receive the Free Weekend Night Certificate email within 6-8 weeks after the promotion period ends, the Member should check his/her HHonors account by logging into their profile or by calling 1-800-548-8690.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I'm not eligible apparently.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:15 am

I received this offer today. I never get targetted for anything, so I'm thrilled. I had a little problem registering, but it finally went through, and I received email confirmation.

My husband didn't receive the offer.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone have thoughts on whether charges from authorized cardholders count towards the $1k? (my wife has a card on my account and a Hilton stay coming up that would get us near the $1k)

The T&C say:

"To qualify for the Free One Weekend Night Certificate, you must make $1,000 in purchases with your Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express now through December 15th 2016"

"Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer."

If taken literally, "your card" could be construed as just the card of the recipient (me), but not really sure if that was the intent. I would like to read the second part as "additional card members can't earn their own free night".
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:59 am

I received an email with the offer and registered. Immediately received confirmation. My husband has his own account but did not receive this offer.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My husband received the offer but I did not. We spend about the same on the card which is only for AMEX promotions. I however had a work trip earlier in the year where I stayed at Hilton and used the card. Not sure if that's what disqualified me...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: HH diamond
I got a rock again. Never seem to get any of the targeted promos. I don't use the card much. Mostly for gas and groceries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.