Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resort Fee for Award Stays?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
HHonors Reward and Resort Fee

Quick question; on a Reward booking, will the $20 Resort Fee be charged when staying at a Waldorf Collection Resort, or is it included in the Reward?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold, Marriott Gold
I haven't had it charged at any of the Waldorf properties I've stayed at with points. So yes - it's included.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
There is an ongoing thread in the SPG forum on this, the net I can getout of it is look close a th reservation and what the agent tells you. If a res agent does not disclose it and you don't see it spelled out in the reservation confirmation, it is probably included. Unfortunately look at post #92, for some wording that may "exclude" resort fees from being included in free stays. I am sure Hhonors has similar wording, but a quick search on the site found nothing.

See this thread:
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Daily Resort Fee

Question: If I book a premium award that waves this fee at the resort I'm staying, do I still benefit from the items that fee would've normally covered?

I'm booking an upcoming trip at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in the Lagoon Tower (awesome redemption rate going on right now). Notes for the premium award state the rate is not subject to the daily resort charge. Just wondering if we still benefit from what little the resort fee covers:

Daily Resort Charge of $25 plus tax per room, per night will be added to room rate and includes; Internet/Wi-Fi access; Local & Toll Free Calls; Hula, Lei Making, & Ukulele Lessons; Play Station 3 w-Unlimited Movies/Games; 20% disc. on Lagoon Beach Toy Rentals & 10% disc. on Cruises Ocean Sports.

Thanks for any info!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed there last month. The front desk told me there is no resort fee for any award stay and yes we got the free movie game rental card and other benefits. They said even daimond pays resort fee on paid stays but no one pays on points stay
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:06 am

Thanks for the info!

How was your stay? Did they offer an upgrade (I see you're Gold also)?

We haven't stayed on the Big Island before...only Oahu and did the tourist thing back in 2004. Looking forward to this trip as we have our 7 year old daughter in tow this go around.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20002343-post2153.html
and the other posts in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...a-village.html
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have NEVER been charged the resort fee......ever
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:33 pm

Hi,
New member, but long-time viewer, here.

This was not exactly the original question, but something I just noticed:
I booked a Premium Reward at Hilton Waikoloa a couple of months ago for June. Multiple spots on the Hilton website stated "Premium Room Rewards not subject to Resort fee".

I went back today to recheck to see if the rate had changed significantly (hoping for a reduction). It was lower, BUT now there is NO mention of waiver of the resort fee. I looked in several spots. I was signed in as a Diamond at the time.

I wonder if the property policy remains the same or if there has been a recent change? Hope not. Maybe I just missed it...
In case it has, I'll be sure to have my printed confirmations.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:14 pm

Is it a premium or standard award? I think the trigger is if it's a premium award...that waives the resort fee. At least from what I've been able to gather
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We just returned - no resort fee with AXON award, started in a mountain view on the 8th floor in the Ocean Tower, moved to a partial ocean view on the 6th floor when the internet did not work. Only extra bennie for Diamond was $10 daily food coupons in place of breakfast for wife and myself.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Resort fee on award stay?

What is the HH policy on charging resort fees on award stays? I couldn't find it in the T&C and a search brought up so many threads... could be my search skills need some work.

Referring specifically in this case to the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa but would also like to know the HH policy for future reference.

Also - am I correct that all status perks are valid for award stays? I suddenly have Gold status because of my Amex Plat and wondering if I should expect a nicer room and some type of breakfast voucher?

TIA

Square
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
FYI - http://www.bigclassaction.com/settle...resortfees.php

status perks during award stays are provided HH G's.....

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
What is the HH policy on charging resort fees on award stays? I couldn't find it in the T&C and a search brought up so many threads... could be my search skills need some work.

Referring specifically in this case to the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa but would also like to know the HH policy for future reference.

Also - am I correct that all status perks are valid for award stays? I suddenly have Gold status because of my Amex Plat and wondering if I should expect a nicer room and some type of breakfast voucher?

TIA

Square
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Most resorts charge the fee, however, many have successfully argued out of them at the front desk...better chance if you're Diamond...YMMV.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Not sure about this property, but IME the properties that charge resort fees normally waive them for any guest on a point stay. I would just call the property and ask. There is nothing in the T&C about resort fees on point stays.

If you have your my way preference set to breakfast (that should be the default), you will get breakfast on a point stay.

YMMV as far as an upgrade goes. Will depend on how full the property is and how many diamond and other gold's are staying there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.