Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Greetings,

I just want to make sure that I have not stumbled upon a "bogus site".

I have considered staying at the Grand Wailea on Maui for some time now. I have recently checked the Grand Wailea website and found out that they are linked to Hilton somehow. Then I went to the Hilton site and they appeared to have the Grand Wailea listed as their property.

Just curious, when did Hilton buy out the Grand Wailea? The last time I checked the Grand Wailea site, they were independent or owned buy a Japanese company.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:28 am

According to this thread, Hilton gained management rights for the property (not ownership) about three weeks ago.

Mike
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:30 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Not listed here yet:

http://www.hiltonhawaii.com/index.html
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:43 am
Suspended

I did see something regarding this on the HH website some time ago and if memory serves it said Spring 2006.

mike

edited to add at the HH website it shows its avialable right now ^ ^
Part of the new Waldorf Collection.
Great news, since a HH property on Maui is sorely needed.

Last edited by MIKESILV; Feb 6, 2006 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Answered that question. For your info "cblaisd" I found it under www.hilton.com and www.grandwailea.com. At the www.grandwailea.com the only reason I noticed it was the "information" page for a reservation. It looked "real familiar" to a Hilton page.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:03 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bishope2
Thanks

Answered that question. For your info "cblaisd" I found it under www.hilton.com and www.grandwailea.com. At the www.grandwailea.com the only reason I noticed it was the "information" page for a reservation. It looked "real familiar" to a Hilton page.

Yeah, definitely looks like you can book it from Hilton's site. I don't see it coming up yet under award bookings yet though.

Edited tp add: I just called Hilton Honors. The reservation agent said award bookings can be made starting Sept. 5 for stays beginning Sept. 5. (Of course, she also told me you can't book the hotel using $$ through Hilton yet either, but I did a dummy booking for tonight from the Hilton site while I was on the phone with her.)

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 6, 2006 at 2:10 pm
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat,Delta Plat, WN A-list & CP,SPG Plat, HiltonH DM,Hyatt Plat,Amex Centurion, Hertz Plat
Available on hiltonhhonors.com

just booked a visit in June.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
but I did a dummy booking for tonight from the Hilton site while I was on the phone with her.)
What, you didn't trust the CSR??

I just have to say (again), that I am really glad that the Grand Wailea is now part of Hilton.

I am so looking forward to staying here... just as soon as the kids are a bit older. Hmm, maybe grandparents would be up for extended babysitting?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:00 pm

I stayed there when it was a Hyatt right at the beginning in 1993.
I think it was only a few weeks old.I remember looking up at the regency club from the foyer and thinking about all the high flyers that must be in there -or very rich people
Well now I realise that they were just very smart people
I look forward to checking out that exec club in the near future.

Anyone got a report yet
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:13 pm

any idea on point redemption or category?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:23 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bipajr
I asked and the agent said didn't have that info yet. I would guess we all know the answer though.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bipajr
This bad boy's pretty much gotta be a six, right? There aren't any one-offs above the posted categories like there are in SPG, are there?

I hope Grand Wailea doesn't cause HH to introduce Category 7.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:11 pm

Can also be found here

http://www.waldorfastoriacollection.com/WAC/index.html
Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:43 pm

Whoa!
Maybe this will take some pressure off the HHV & HWV?

20 USD resort charge.
Ouch.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 7:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bishope2
...For your info "cblaisd" I found it under www.hilton.com and www.grandwailea.com. At the www.grandwailea.com the only reason I noticed it was the "information" page for a reservation. It looked "real familiar" to a Hilton page.
I wasn't doubting anyone, just pointing out that it is not yet listed on the consolidated website that the three current Hilton Hawaii properties share.

I join those who are pleased about this and who hope that there won't be any changes to the number of points needed for a 6 night award stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.