Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 1999, 4:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.

Does anyone know what the HHonors points policy is on multiple rooms?

If I book and pay for two rooms for simultaneous stays, do I get all points for both? (One booking option is one room for me, one for an associate. Another option is I book and pay for both rooms, but my 2 associates actually stay in them, I don't.)

Anyone know how Hilton officially views this?

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 1999, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
They give you points for the Dollars you spend on one room. The other room will get you no points per HH rules and conditions.

A suggestion is to put all extra charges: telephone, room service, laundry, resturants on your room to maximize points.

Jay
Old Jan 21, 1999, 1:34 am

If you ask nicely at check-out they will sometimes transfer ALL charges (inc accom) onto one bill and give you points for all charges.

However, this will count as only one room for number of nights/stays.

I have done this occassionally and it really depends on what mood check-out are in.

The alternative is do as above, but ensure reception DO NOT enter your HH number, therefore your miles will not be automatically credited. Then when your credit card statement comes through fax it to your Hilton Service Centre asking for the miles.
MF

Old Jan 29, 1999, 2:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
FYI-

I paid for both rooms on one room's bill, and lo and behold, the Hilton website (Freddie winner) shows that I got double points for the full amount.
Old Jan 30, 1999, 1:32 am

NJD: SSShhhhhhhhh!
Old Jan 30, 1999, 5:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Oh yeah, sorry, I was mistaken, I didn't get away with anything at all. Never mind.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 01-30-99).]
Old Mar 22, 2000, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Can you get HHonors for if you're paying for more than 1 room?

If I've booked 2 rooms under my name, can I get credit for both room charges?

And does that mean 1 airline bonus or 2?

I'm a bit dumbfounded at this one.

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 22, 2000, 5:58 pm

I didn't get it in Cancun.
Old Mar 22, 2000, 6:27 pm

Greetings all. Beginning April 3, 2000, you can earn HHonors Base point credit for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charged on both rooms.

Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including VIP tier bonuses and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms.

For any other bonuses, including HHonors partner bonus points and other promotional bonuses, bonus points will be awarded on one room only. You will receive one stay credit (including credit toward HHonors VIP tiers), and only one mileage credit will be earned.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Adam
Old Mar 22, 2000, 6:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
great and fast information from our OMNI-prize winner Adam Burke (last summer 99, together with MJW). Thank you.
Old Apr 10, 2001, 11:17 am

HHonors points for reserving multiple rooms?

This question has probably been posed several times, but I'm new to the program so forgive my ignorance. Here is my situation:

I'm a new HHonors member, and I'd like to get as many points as possible (obviously). I am staying at a Hampton Inn later this month with family for a wedding. I've got a room reserved for myself (and guest) and one for my brother (and guest). I may be adding a third room for another family member as well. If I book all of these rooms under my HHonors # and pay for all of them with my own credit card, will I get the points for every room? Or is it only rooms that I stay in personally? I'm sure this situation comes up fairly often with conventions and meetings and such, so I'm curious how to handle it.

Any info you guys can provide me with would be great. Thanks in advance!

Matt
Old Apr 10, 2001, 11:32 am

From the HHonors web site FAQs:
You may "earn Base point credit for up to two rooms per stay in U.S. hotels only, if all eligible charges are paid together on one folio. This applies to Base points, tier bonuses on Base points (15%, 25% or 50% depending on member tier), and to double or triple Base point promotions only. Partner bonuses and bonus points awarded on a per-stay basis will not be doubled, and only one mileage credit will be earned. Please keep in mind that you will receive only one stay credit or credit toward VIP tier."

And welcome to the Board, mattyg30!
Old Apr 10, 2001, 1:14 pm
In Memoriam

The one folio point is critical. I reserved a couple of rooms but got separate folios due to different rates. I was not a full-fledged FlyerTalker then and ignorant in the many ways of maximizing points and I lost out big time. Make sure you discuss this with the desk before you check out.
Old Apr 10, 2001, 2:48 pm

Thanks for the info guys.. I'll make sure its all on one folio. As it turns out it looks like I only need two rooms now anyway, so it worked itself out. Good to know for the future tho. Thanks again!
Old Apr 10, 2001, 11:50 pm

Sorry to post a topic that has probably been discussed but since we are rehashing old topics, I'd appreciate advice from the more experienced:

I'm staying at the Glasgow Hilton in two weeks and have already secured my upgrade but since it is an 8 day stay, I want to ensure that I get the points for it. Problem is, due to internal budgeting issues, my colleague who I'm sharing the room with must pay for the charges. I read the rules and it states you have to be the one paying OR directly billed...either way I don't qualify. Thing is, I've stayed at Hiltons where I didn't necessarily pay - either my family or girlfriend did- did I just get lucky?

Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by alexlin8 (edited 04-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by alexlin8 (edited 04-10-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.