Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock {US-AZ}

What a great place and beautiful scenery! I received an upgrade, but all the suites at this place are nice. They gave me a nice upgrade to a wonderful room, actually more like a small apartment. I'm only Gold (earned, not a freebie). I highly recomend this place if you want to relax for a while. I guess this place will be changing into a hilton brand resort at the end of the month...
Old Feb 15, 2001, 10:00 pm
DOC 2 BE

Pointman --

Do you think that its transformation will be for the better or worse?

Could you also go into a little more detail about the property?

Thanx.

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 02-15-2001).]

Old Feb 16, 2001, 2:51 pm
Suspended

If Im correct it shares the property with a time-share property next door,which means that the people at the TS are allowed the use of the DT facilities.

IMHO there isnt a nicer place to stay then 'The Enchantment Resort' probably alot more $$$$ but worth it.
Old Feb 16, 2001, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Doc 2 be :
It's a golf and tennis resort. The Ridge spa and raquet club is just steps away and is affiliated with the resort. They have a fairly efficient concierge staff (from what I saw). And I was truly impressed with the suites. I'm told they all have the same basic layout. They are true, two room suites, with a balcony and fireplace. You can get a kitchen suite as well. The living room had a full size, hide away sofa. Two TV's, satisfactory bathroom, and nice master bedroom. Our kitchen suite came complete with modestly stocked kitchen cupboards, full size microwave, dishwasher, sink, and small range.
As for the switch from doubletree to Hilton, I doubt it will make much of a difference. The place is already mostly hilton anyway. I will miss those Doubletree cookies however...

from the Hilton site: http://www.hilton.com/hotels/SDXSEHH/index.html

[This message has been edited by pointman (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old Feb 17, 2001, 4:58 am
DOC 2 BE

Thanx so much, Pointman!!

And may your stay there have reaped you many points and miles!

Sincerely,

D2B

Old Dec 21, 2001, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa

Was in town the other day so I stopped by for a look around. The great news is that Hilton purchased the Ridge Spa from the time share company so now the whole Spa is FREE for Silver/Gold/& Diamonds members. Its a nice place a short 2 min walk out the back door. Its the only place that the pool and hot tubs will be heated in the winter.The excerise room in the hotel will be closing down since the one at the Spa is usable,and much better at that(like a reg gym).Also ALL excerise classes are free to S/G/Ds. And of course theres the treatments at a fee.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here last winter just before it switched from doubletree to hilton name. We really loved it and were impressed with the suites. Great news to hear about the spa becoming part of the hotel.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 5:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Is that the same as the Tapatio property?
Old Dec 26, 2001, 12:49 am

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Great news. Thanks for posting it. Sounds like a wonderful property just got better.

------------------
Oregonflyer
UA 1K
Hilton Diamond
Old Dec 26, 2001, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
I'm staying with right next door and they pointed out one major defect: The staff at the spa sux and they have not changed. I went through the spa on Dec 23 with my son to check it out with guests passes our family here buys for us. The staff was much less then I wold expect. They obviously haven't been HH trained yet.

I'll be here till Dec 30 so if anyone would like me to check any particulars out and post back I'd be happy to.
Old Dec 26, 2001, 3:45 pm
Suspended

DUDEMON,

I can hardly believe it.When I walked in the front desk went out of their way to answer my questions,and let me do a walk thru even though I wasnt presently at the Hilton and told them so. They wanted to know if I wanted to work out any way!

On my way back to the hotel I ran across what seemed to be an employee to me and I asked further questions about the Spa and hotel.We must have spoken for 10 to 15 mins,it was then it was explained to me that they were on their way to a meeting and were late,the person I ran into turned out to be the Mgr at the Spa,who had just transferred from the Hilton NY.

No I didnt use it but everyone I spoke to and ran into had me believe that they more than got their act together.This was as a Gold now that Im Diamond Im sure it will be at least the same.

SORRY to hear that you met with less than you expected and should have received.As for me Im in the midst of planning a Jan stay there now.

Old Jan 5, 2002, 9:01 pm

Hilton Sedona, AZ - a very un-suite experience

Walked into the Hilton Sedona, AZ, late in the evening, showed my HiltonHHonors Silver card, and asked for the best available rate. Was told by the girl at the front desk that there were no standard rooms available, but she could give me an "executive suite" for $119.

The rate seems ok, and most hotels in town seem pretty full, so I don't bother asking to view the suite and go ahead and take it. What a mistake!

Turns out that the "executive suite" is a converted meeting room facing the parking lot, with a foldaway double bed, and a huge table with no less than thirteen meeting chairs right in the middle! There's also no bedside lighting whatsoever(!) or the standard resort information folder. Trouble is it's late and I'm really just too tired make a huge fuss. So I call the front desk, mention the lack of beside lighting and resort info folder, and these are delivered to the room while I'm out for a quick dinner.

But things just get worse the next morning. First I stub my foot on a discarded metal staple embedded in the carpet! Then what REALLY gets me going is a totally non-functional shower!

Within 5 minutes, I'm at the front desk demanding to speak to the manager. He apologizes, offers another room (with working shower) to use, and explains that the so-called "executive suite" is - as we all know by now - really a conference room only sold to walk-ins when the hotel is running full. He said that the front desk staff are supposed to explain this clearly, to which I reply that this specifically DID NOT happen.

Upshot: Manager takes 50% off the rate, making it $59.50 for the night.

Fair compensation? I guess I could probably have gotten better than that, but I just wasn't in the mood to get into a huge protracted argument and spoil my own holiday. However, I will be writing in to Hilton customer service about this seriously sub-standard experience because no matter what, I do feel that HQ should be made aware of incidents like this at individual properties.

Pity, the rest of the hotel was nice enough. But I have a major issue with the hotel selling a pathetic room like that as an "executive suite", and then not even bothering to check that basic things like the bathroom are working properly. By far the worst hotel experience I've had in a long while.

Do beware.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I must counter with my own. I had a great time and loved the hotel. I was very impressed with the upgraded room we received. I hope you get a chance to get back there and try a real room. Sounds like the person who checked you in made a bad mistake, but maybe didn't even realize what the room actually was? Either way, no reason to condem the whole property. I would highly recommend it. Next time, a reservation might help prevent a suprise with respect to what kind of a room you end up with.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:40 am

Programs: UA LifetimeGS, DL LifetimePM, HH Dia, Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz Plat
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I had a very similar experience with an "Executive Suite" at the Hotel Santa Fe during Indian Market. Not the most optimal of accomodations.

Hey, wait a minute, is it possible "Nite Clerk Mike" has relocated from Houston to Sedona? Do I sense another powerpoint presentation in the works.

Sorry BearX220 , I just had to bring it up.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I know hotels like to use misleading terminology, like "Best Available Rate" meaning "rack" or "standard" rate (which is almost never the "best" rate, except for the hotel)....

But "executive suite" meaning a meeting room with sofabed and malfunctioning shower....

Gimme a break!

Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.