Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)

Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Hi there.

I stayed at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport on 22-23 April 2000, and I've still not seen it post. This was my first stay with Hilton in a long time, and I wanted to try out a Gold VIP card they sent me in the mail.

I'm a bit frustrated at this posting problem, and it's only compounded when I can't even get through to the Hilton HHonors service centre because the line is constantly busy. Moreover, I no longer have my hotel statement, since the package I mailed it back to the USA in (with a bunch of other stuff) was searched, and apparently the USA doesn't like you to import foreign hotel receipts, 'cause it's now gone missing!!

So, what should I do? I can't get through to the service centre, and even if I could, I don't have a hotel statement to fax them. They don't seem to have a "missing activity" form on their website, either. I booked this rate hoping to benefit from elite bonus HHonors points, 500 airline miles, and 500 bonus HHonors points that went along with the promotional rate.

Of course, if this is the hassle I have to go through to get my points and miles every time, then I may never stay at another Hilton again, anyways. I'd still like my points and miles, though...just on the principle of the thing. Thanks for any help you can offer...

------------------
"Visualise whirled peas."

NATHAN PRODUCTIONS
Professional Music, Audio Production, and Website Design
http://www.nathanproductions.com
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:12 am
Original Member

THISFLIGHTNOFUEL:

Keep the faith! I stayed at 4 different Hilton over the past week. All the stays, with mileage have posted and are accurate. The posting took about two days after the stay. These are domestic stays not international but I have found the postings to be much improved over what they were months ago. I have also been impressed with the treatment I received as a "Gold" with the stays I have completed. I really believe that the folks at HHonors are trying to work out the bugs that they have had in the past. I have now given all my business to Hilton if the location permits. Good luck and hang in there.
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
you still can proof your expenses at this hotel by copying your credit-card-charge-summary.
Old Jun 15, 2000, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Call, fax or email the Hilton AMS, give them the dates of your stay, and they will print out another statement then fax it or post it to you. You can also ask them to work on the missing credits too by including you HHonors and AAdvantage numbers. Hotels are generally very good about providing duplicate receipts as long as you can provide the dates and they can confirm your identity.

European posting of points can take up to a month after the stay, but unless you have your receipt to fax to the HHonors service desk, you may not have much luck. Contact AMS ASAP.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 06-15-2000).]
Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:03 pm

I concur with ShareHolder, and I would do it ASAP. They may even have an email address on their web site. I was just at Crowne Plaza in AMS in May and they posted within 2 weeks, but I also agree international does take longer than domestic postings. Some locations are not even on the same computer systems I am told. But all in all I dont think you will have a problem.
Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Some European properties take longer than others. The London Hilton and London Conard International for example never seem to get their act toegther for any miles to be posted automatically. Whereas the London Airport Hilton and Paris Hilton which I stayed after the above two took less than 2 weeks to post the points - except without the Double Dip despite me having advised them of my airline membership number.

I'm still waiting for my stay to be posted - and I stayed on May 20-22.

Guess I have to mail in my statement.
Old Jun 17, 2000, 2:06 pm

ThisFlightNoFuel -- If you wouldn't mind e-mailing the details of the stay to me, I'll ensure that the Service Center researches it and has it posted ASAP. Please include you HHonors and airline frequent flyer numbers, as well as the amount you paid for the stay.

Sorry for the difficulties to date.

Guy Betsy -- If you'll e-mail the details of the stay for which you didn't receive appropriate mileage credit, I can have them check that out as well.

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Senior Director, Marketing
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
[email protected]
Old Jun 17, 2000, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Adam, I think you HHonor's folks must just be backlogged. I emailed about two months ago about not getting the internet booking bonus on a March stay (which itself posted promptly all the way from South Africa -- nice upgrade to a ExecFloor suite even on a deeply discounted rate: the lounge was closed for rennovations, but that wasn't a hastle) and got a reply a week later that it would be adjusted shortly. When after two months it did not show up, I emailed again to remind them. The bonus posted last week, then yesterday I got an email back from one of the HHonors service staff saying it had been posted already.

Also noted elsewhere was the problem about getting through on the phone and fax lines. I've never experienced any problems as a Gold member, and even in the days when we had to pay for the long distance call, it was always picked up quickly and the problem handled efficiently so as not to cost me too much on the phone call.

By the way, did you visit the John and Yoko suite at the AMS Hilton? The staff was very obliging letting me take a look when I stayed there a couple of years ago. As coincidence would have it, it was the anniversary of John's assassination!

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 06-17-2000).]
Old Jun 18, 2000, 3:14 am

I stay at the Amsterdam Schiphol Hilton often and have never had a problem with miles being posted, do ThisFlightNoFuel keep the faith!

Guy Betsy: "London Airport Hilton", we do have more than one airport in London you know!

Shareholder: 'The Suite' is at the Amsterdam Hilton, in case there is any confusion ThisFlightNoFuel is talking about the Schiphol Hilton.

Nick

Old Jun 18, 2000, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're correct Merry, missed the word "Airport" when I scanned the original post days ago. It is the city hotel I was referring to, in a close in suburb of Amsterdam.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 7:45 am

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

Forgot to post that one but WT36s trip report reminded me of what Id missed at the Sheraton.

The Hilton is located about 5 minutes in shuttle from the airport but it took me about 30 minutes to get there having waited in the freezing cold for 25 minutes, thanks to no shuttle turning up. I called the hotel twice and was told that the shuttle was on its way but it turned out that they had used it to help the police (dont ask why, long story) anyway it was quite annoying to have been told to wait, as quite clearly the bus wasnt coming at all. I suspect this was quite a one-off occurrence (hopefully).

Hotel itself is quite old. Was upgraded to an Executive room but not sure I could tell the difference (apart from access to the lounge and old-looking plate of fruits). Pretty small room, with a weird mix of metal lamps and wood, very very dated and quite depressing.

The lounge is good but quite small, with a few snacks and drinks, TV, magazines.

Breakfast buffet is good, but again quite uninspiring. Everybody was very polite and pleasant, the only redeeming value of this hotel having said that, its pretty typical for an airport hotel, you cant really confuse it with a great Hilton.

[This message has been edited by Canista (edited 03-01-2002).]
Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:16 am
Suspended

I am very surprised to read such a negative review, my Exec room was very nive and up to date, fresh fruit plate, nice long rose, with the turndown service, extra bath kit provided, too.
I had breakfast downstairs in the restaurant, which was awesome, but they told me breakfast in the Exec Lounge is just an standard coninental one.

But the shuttle thing is just bad !!
Old Mar 1, 2002, 9:46 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Misery loves company. I thought I was the only one having bad luck with the stupid shuttle. Fortunately it wasn't that cold last time I went. Breakfast was very good at the restaurant, but yes the rooms were rather small, but I didn't find them depressing though. I love staying at Hiltons and the HHonors program is great, but next time, I am staying at the Sheraton. You don't need to be waiting for a shuttle.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I agree the rooms are a little dark and small but it's o.k.

At least the property readily recoqnizes elite status.

My shuttle experience wasn't too bad but it was a warm day in AMS. If I had known it was that close, I would have walked there (can't be more than 7 minutes away from the shuttle stand).
Old Mar 1, 2002, 12:12 pm

I agree - I was just about to walk there but was told there was roadwork making it a longer walk due to the closure of the area between the 2 roads

So waiting (especially at 9pm) seemed like the best option... but I must be one for punishment... I'm back there next week (only one night)... double dipping somehow softens the experience (not that bad overall).

I've now emailed the hotel GM directly to request a bigger room, let's see what happens...

[This message has been edited by Canista (edited 03-01-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.