Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Honors Government and Military Rates" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
Do government rates qualify for points?
-Yes, government rate stays receive full points.
Apparent acceptable forms of government identification:
• DD Forms 2, 1173, 1173-1 (ID cards)
• Credit card issued by a government entity
-----
Will Hilton check my government ID when I check in?
-It depends:
Starting on June 14, 2019, FlyerTalk members are reporting increased scrutiny in checking for proof that guests are eligible to pay government rates to stay:
-----
FlyerTalk members report successfully bypassing the front desk when staying at a property with Digital Key enabled, thus avoiding being checked for government identification.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2001, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Just started working on a State contract and am eligible for Hilton Govt rates. Does this rate qualify as a stay for points and miles? Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2001, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have received full points and miles on a government rate.
Old Oct 31, 2001, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Full credit and perks.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:26 am
SST

Yes, I've gotten full credit & perks. And I hope Hilton reads this----- It is what has moved my 30-some nights a year out on the road to HILTON. Thank you for honest value.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Full credit and points received for Govt. rates here.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 6:54 am

Hello,

The only time that I have ever had a desk clerk even ask about this was at the LV Flamingo Hilton (this was several years when it was really a "Hilton").

The answer was that I got the points and the miles.

Cheers
Old Nov 5, 2001, 9:13 am
CG

You get the free gold upgrade as well (at those properties that participate in the HHonors program)
Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Do government rates qualify for stay points?

I am a government employee and was wondering if I request a government rate, will that qualify for a stay. Looking for 4 CNTU stays. What about points?
Old Oct 1, 2002, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier, IC Ambassador, HHONORS Diamond VIP, Priority Club Platinum
Yes, I'm a goverment employee and stays with the government rate do count for stay credit. Miles/points are credited the same as any other rate.

------------------
UAL Premier, Northwest Silver Elite, Hilton Gold VIP
Old Oct 2, 2002, 4:19 pm

Same here. I've never had a problem with my points posting, although I'm not so sure about getting upgrades with your gold status. I just recently became gold and haven't had any stays since then, but it's my understanding that hotels look at the rate you've paid as a factor in determining upgradability. I'm assuming we'd probably be the last to get upgraded if there are others with status at the hotel who are not on a gov't rate.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 4:56 am

They don't care where we work (gov employee too). Been upgraded to some really nice space, paying the government rate.

Old Oct 3, 2002, 7:50 am

Programs: YOW-AC*SE,SPG Plat, Hertz #1 Club
Agreed. I've regularly booked at the government rate and always benefitted from room upgrades, access to the lounge etc...
Old Oct 3, 2002, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
The gov't rate should not affect any of your benefits, however it has on occasion been pointed out that if it comes down to an upgrade and there are numerous elites (all the same status) shooting for the same limited upgrade, then you may be put at the bottom of the list based on your rate. That also assumes you don't have any other things going for you like being a long term or frequent guest of that particular hotel.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 9:10 am

I usually stay at Hiltons on gov't rates as a gov't contractor and seem to get upgrades as frequently as when staying at other rates- points always post ok at these rates (I'm HH Gold)
Old Oct 3, 2002, 10:40 am

Have you ever been asked for ID or any kind of documentation when using the government rate?? I usually book the AAA rate but never have been asked for my AAA card. Just wondering...... Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.