Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points Limit Per Stay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Location: Dallas,TX -AA EXP 2MM,PLT Premier MARRIOITT, DIAM HILTX -
100,000 points stay limit

I have 1 stay withh 250 nights with Hilton in 2003. I checked in in February and will not check out until end of Nov. I contacted Hilton CC only to find out that the maximum amount of points that I can receive is 100,000 for my entire stay because the limit is 100,000 per stay. I have spent way over 40,000 this year with the hotel. The CSA was less than helpful and the supervisor of the CSA was even worse. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please advise. I am definitely planning to escalate. I have stayed at Marriott and Starwood and have never had the problems with posting more than 100,000 per stay.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Do escalate, but you may be SOL. You'll be asking them to override a published condition, as unfair as it may seem:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">9. HHonors Members cannot accrue more than 100,000 Base points during one stay. </font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/ter...rual_of_points

Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 11-11-2003).]
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:47 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Yikes, I'm glad someone pointed that out. It would be pretty easy to spend $10k (for 100k base points) at one of the big city Hiltons for an extended stay, so if I ever have to do that, guess I'll have to check out some weekend!

Kind of a lame limitation, wonder why it's there..
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Not that I'd ever be lucky enough to get 100,000 points for a single stay, but just an observation ... it seems like a kind of stupid rule to me. After all, in BellaLouise's case, wouldn't it be well within their interests to give a lot more points than that, considering how much cash she's bringing to the hotel? Why bother to do anything to piss off someone who is a much better customer in a year than most folks will be in a lifetime?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:21 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Why not just check out once you reach that limit? Stay somewhere else for one night, then come back to start a new stay
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:37 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BellaLouise:
I contacted Hilton CC only to find out that the maximum amount of points that I can receive is 100,000 for my entire stay because the limit is 100,000 per stay. </font>
I bet it started because of a stupid programming glitch. Where there system only has a 6 byte field for 'points per stay'.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
250 consecutive nights in a hotel room???

I'm sorry, but are you nuts???

Couldn't you fly home for the weekends???

Am I missing something here???

Bkniaz

If the limitation was the 6 digits, couldn't HH make it 999,999???
Old Nov 11, 2003, 12:52 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:

Bkniaz

If the limitation was the 6 digits, couldn't HH make it 999,999???
</font>
Good point, I meant 5 digits, and 99,999
Old Nov 11, 2003, 1:07 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
I would tell the hotel manager that you are checking out for overnight and that you expect them to hold the same room for you.

If the managagement doesn't get real creative like comp you one night free so that there is a break in the stay they are idiots.

250 nights sure has my curiosity as well. Seems like it would have made more sense to rent a furnished apartment.

------------------
"A day without FF Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Nov 11, 2003, 1:23 pm
Suspended

There are more questions:

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never stayed in a hotel this long, but wouldn't the hotel want to settle the charges on some regular basis?

If that's the case, why didn't the OP question the points about 3-4 months ago? After all they either showed up in segments till they hit 100K or they never showed up(in which case, it should have been questioned immediately).

Just curious, but this story has some holes IMHO.

Old Nov 11, 2003, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never stayed in a hotel this long, but wouldn't the hotel want to settle the charges on some regular basis?</font>
LOL... 250 days later, 'would you like to pay with the credit card on file sir'... sorry but the charge was not accepted!
What a night mare

I think they do weekly charges or so.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 1:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond. CO Gold
I had a few stays this year that lasted over one or two months (The rate was less than $60/night and the company was willing to foot the bill). They charged me once a week, but the points would not post until we would check out for a couple of days. In my profession, long stays like this occur.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 2:08 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lsunola:
I had a few stays this year that lasted over one or two months (The rate was less than $60/night and the company was willing to foot the bill). They charged me once a week, but the points would not post until we would check out for a couple of days. In my profession, long stays like this occur. </font>
1 or 2 months is a huge difference from 8-9 in the same hotel without checking out at least few times. Don't you agree?

I will stop questioning this post, only because it really is not my business, and I hope this works out for the OP.

Old Nov 11, 2003, 4:44 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I'll bet they will waive the rule on a one-time basis. 250 nights shows a lot of loyalty, which Hilton should eagerly reciprocate. Write a polite and friendly letter to the highest level person at HHonors you can find. Your letter should have the tone of presuming that they can and will help you; it's simply good business.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 5:36 pm

Location: D/FW- AA Plt Hilton Diamond NWA Silver Marriott Gold
When working for the government, my parents used to have stays of 90-120 days for TDY stuff all the time.

I think my mom was in DC for 180 days once back in the 80's. Same hotel, same room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.