Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swimming Pool issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Swimming Pool issue

Recent stay at Milton Keynes Hilton. My wife and son went swimming, and returned with considerable rashes. They said the pool was cloudy and smelt strongly of chlorine.
Having worked in the pool industry, probably the pH was out. They showered, and rashes were obvious and extensive but not itchy. However, on washing the swimming clothes, they have been bleached, and are not good now- a black costume is now light grey!
On telephoning, they say my issue is with Living Well which is separate to Hilton? I just need to ascertain if this is true, or as I thought my contract is in fact with Hilton as agent?
I didn't go swimming and my stuff washed fine!
Essentially, I would like the swimming stuff replaced. This has never happened before I must add.

Last edited by Skimanant; Oct 15, 2013 at 2:55 am
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
As an update have spoken to hotel, transferred to Living Well, left details, will be contacted by the end of the week. A bit long perhaps?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I stay in MK about 5 or 6 weekends a year, ive stayed at that hotel 3 times now and always have had issues there, its the worst uk hilton in my opinion.......last trip i have a list of around 8 issues noted to upload on tripadvisor when i get a chance......whist staff are friendly , morale is very low....nobody cares.
I am gonna stay at the doubletree Hilton instead from now on as its far superior........the only reason i used to "put up" with the main Hilton is i ( like your family) like to swim and sauna and the doubletree has no facilitys for this, however as my last stay (july) was soooo bad im gonna forfit the swim and sauna for a nicer hotel.
If i was a betting man (and im not) i would put money on "human error" as to low morale as the reason to the swimming pool issue, however you probally wont ever find out this as i doubt anyone will get back to you.....i know it sounds negative but it really is that bad there
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
hey....i used to stay at the novotel too, nice pool and sauna, steam.......just a thought.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you worked in the pool industry, you should remember the "chlorine" smell was most likely actually chloramine, meaning the available chlorine was zilch and the pool should not be used. (Chloramines - shown as "combined chlorine" - are formed by the reaction of free chlorine with organic substances (ahem!), probably indicated by the cloudiness.) Shocking, positively shocking - is needed ASAPas well as possible pH adjustment or even - a complete water change with chemicals adjusted.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Good point- it probably does need a shock dose. I hadn't thought that far forward, thinking it might be something simpler- but maybe there wasn't any free chlorine, or maybe too much stabiliser?
Have questioned my son further. He said you couldnt see the bottom and it hurt his eyes (with goggles on)- they should have come out before with hindsight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.