Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Do Day Rates Qualify for Points & Stay Credit?"

Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

Friend was wondering if she pays "day use rate" of $105 are points and stay credit earned for HHonors? Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Friend was wondering if she pays "day use rate" of $105 are points and stay credit earned for HHonors? Thanks.
Why not? I assume the hotel will open/generate a portfolio of charges, so as long as the HHonors number is attached to the portfolio, all charges will count.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Not sure about a stay credit given the language: "A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. "

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Points for day rate for sure.

Stay credit likely since it is a stay. Night credit for sure no since there is no overnight.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The front desk said yes and she got the agents name. Interesting in that reg rooms and jr suites were priced the same.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:48 am

Just to confirm I have done this before @ a YYZ property and was credited points and a night credit
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
How do you search for day rates? There have been a couple times where i would not mind adding a day rate to a stay if I have a redeye out of a city like SFO. I don't want to pay for an additional night but wouldn't mind paying to stay in the room until it was time to go if it was a cheaper rate.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How do you search for day rates? There have been a couple times where i would not mind adding a day rate to a stay if I have a redeye out of a city like SFO. I don't want to pay for an additional night but wouldn't mind paying to stay in the room until it was time to go if it was a cheaper rate.
I've had success putting in identical dates for arrival and departure. Sometimes an error will come up on hilton.com, but clicking through it will return day rates.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

She found it by mistake by input same day also.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:35 pm

I was informed by customer rep that day rates are no more eligible for any kind of stay credit. Anyone aware of when this became the case, if indeed this is true?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Ugh, that's awful and yet another devaluation - to you once again, Blackstone. Good thing to put up in a wikipost - though I'd recommend calling again and speaking to another rep before doing so.

Originally Posted by kilo
I was informed by customer rep that day rates are no more eligible for any kind of stay credit. Anyone aware of when this became the case, if indeed this is true?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Ugh, that's awful and yet another devaluation - to you once again, Blackstone. Good thing to put up in a wikipost - though I'd recommend calling again and speaking to another rep before doing so.
I had a day room at the Hilton CDG Airport on just two days ago and received both stay and night credit for it.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:59 pm

Anyone had a recent day room at Heathrow?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I've had a handful of day stays over the last few months in Tokyo, Hawaii, and Washington, DC; all received proper HHonors credit.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:36 am

It seems that a day rate earn stay credit so will this work for three stays

1-2/10 Staying at Hilton A

2/10 day rate at Hilton B

2-3/10 Staying at Hilton C

I need ways to get stay credits before 31st of December.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.