Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Reward stays to count for VIP status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2002, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Hilton stays

Does an award redemption (free stay) count as a stay for future upgrades or does it have to be one in which you paid for the stay ?

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:01 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
I have been educated by the wise Beckles that as long as you charge any incidentals such as food, etc. to your room during your award stay, it will count as a stay (and of course you earn points on the incidental charges).
Old May 14, 2002, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been told by the Diamond desk that yes they count as nights and stays (as long as something charged to the room that qualifies) but at the end of the year they do NOT count towards requalifying. So if have 60 nights or 28 stays and if any of them were award they won't be counted and you won't requalify.
Old May 14, 2002, 2:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Baze:
I have been told by the Diamond desk that yes they count as nights and stays (as long as something charged to the room that qualifies) but at the end of the year they do NOT count towards requalifying. So if have 60 nights or 28 stays and if any of them were award they won't be counted and you won't requalify.</font>
Then why have them count as stays in the first place(esp. when the 4 stays per quarter bonus has been eliminated)? Isn't the purpose of stays for requalification?

Old May 14, 2002, 3:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Baze:
I have been told by the Diamond desk that yes they count as nights and stays (as long as something charged to the room that qualifies) but at the end of the year they do NOT count towards requalifying. So if have 60 nights or 28 stays and if any of them were award they won't be counted and you won't requalify.</font>
AFAIK, award stays show on your statements (both paper and online), but do not count as stays for any HHonors purposes. It could be confusing sometimes, especially if someone has several award stays in a calendar year.

Old May 14, 2002, 3:57 pm

What about Priceline and Expedia paid stays...
Old May 14, 2002, 6:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bourne:
What about Priceline and Expedia paid stays...</font>
I got points for an expedia stay after filling out the missing stay form online.
Old May 15, 2002, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Mrs Mikey and I stayed at Zurich Airport Hilton after a tour of Switzerland. No charges to room. We got miles and points and credit for a night on a freebie....I was shocked
Old May 15, 2002, 7:05 am

"What about Priceline and Expedia paid stays..."

If you get credit for a stay, consider an expected blessing.It's not the policy.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 7:26 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Award Stays, Status Stays

Do award stays count towards qualification for Diamond status?
Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In short, No. But they will show up on you stay/night counter and you can get points for incidentals such as phone calls, in room movies or room service.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did a search and couldn't find a mention of the following.

Effective January 1, 2003, your Reward stays will count toward VIP tier qualification. And HHonors VIP members will receive the VIP point bonus on Base points earned for incidental spending during HHonors hotel Reward Stays. It all adds up to putting you on a faster track to enjoying exclusive VIP privileges!
Old Dec 4, 2002, 11:46 am

For once, excellent news from Hilton.

(editing my post to note I found it on the website)

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/benefits/levels.jhtml

Mike

[This message has been edited by nako (edited 12-04-2002).]
Old Dec 4, 2002, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. I copied directly from the website!
Old Dec 4, 2002, 11:53 am

At the same time (same link as above),

"Effective January 1, 2003, stays at Entertainment and Encore rates are no longer eligible for stay credit toward VIP status."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.