Wiki Posts
Search

Day room considered a "Stay"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Day room considered a "Stay"?

Does anyone know if the day room rates are considered a "stay"? This are sometimes much cheaper than a night's stay and should be great as mattress run.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:38 am
Suspended

A stay is defined as overnight. So, no, simply as the answer to your question.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:18 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Or maybe "yes," simply as the answer to your question... ;)

A few months ago, I did a mileage run with a five hour day rate at the ABQ Hampton Inn. Points and stay credit posted per normal. I think a "stay" has more to do with having actually checked in than with how many hours.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Same here, did a couple of day stays recently and both posted.

UTA
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
I've done a few dayrooms.

They've all posted as stays and with the correct points.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
How do you find day rates at Hilton.com? There are times that I have taken a redeye and wouldn't mind having a day rate for 8 hours for a place to store my stuff at and take a nap/shower at before my flight.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Ime, you have to call the hotel.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
In previous threads some people have said it posted, and others have said it did not.

In this case, there does not seem to be one right answer, it's best to ask when you make the reservation to be sure.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How do you find day rates at Hilton.com? There are times that I have taken a redeye and wouldn't mind having a day rate for 8 hours for a place to store my stuff at and take a nap/shower at before my flight.
Try check in and check out dates as the same date.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dandare
Try check in and check out dates as the same date.
Thanks! Never knew HH had day rates. Unfortunately none of the hotels in SF have them avialable except the financial district and at the day rate they have (over $200) I would be better off just paying the regular rate at another hotel in union square. The chicago day rates were good though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.