Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Just Short: Not Enough Hilton Honors Points for an Award Reservation. What to Do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Short: Not Enough Hilton Honors Points for an Award Reservation. What to Do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2001, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Usairways Silver

This may seem like a bizarre question but, I hope someone may know the answer. I am planning a trip to the UK during winter 2002 and would like to book my award hotel (if available) asap...however, I do not have all the points I need posted to my acct...I am waiting for some airline miles to transfer over plus am working on the EWRDC 50,000 promo which I should have complete by sometime next month. Anyway my question is, can I book the reservation now and then when all my points are there get my certificate or do I have to have the actual points in there when I make the reservation ?

------------------
Dena
Old Aug 2, 2001, 6:28 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You can book the hotel now and get the certificate later. As long as you have the certificate in hand when you arrive at the hotel, you're OK.
Old Aug 2, 2001, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Usairways Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by harold:
You can book the hotel now and get the certificate later. As long as you have the certificate in hand when you arrive at the hotel, you're OK.</font>

good news!!...thanks Harold
Old Aug 2, 2001, 10:15 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I've done this in the past - no problems
Old Dec 31, 2001, 6:45 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Just Short: Not Enough Hilton HHonors Points for an Award Reservation. What to Do?

I just did some calculations on an award I intend to book, and my wife's account is exactly 86 points short for that after the first quarter profile-update bonus (twice). We have not asked Hilton if they let the account go negative so far, what also is an option of course.

Besides that: Does anybody have an idea on how to get these points except buying them at 10$ (for 1000)? Note that we do not live in the US, so credit-card or phone-offers don't do the trick.

Thank you for any suggestion...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Dec 31, 2001, 7:06 am

Just call the reservation desk and ask for the award. My best friend (he´s also Gold)just booked an award stay even if he didn´t have all the point. When the representative found out that he had 150 points missing, he got them for free :-)
Happy New Years
Old Dec 31, 2001, 9:04 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Post edited to remove garbage information

Didn't see you were in Germany sorry

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 12-31-2001).]
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:32 pm

dcwcce: Hop over to CGN and rent from Avis an Opel Astra 1.6 or similar for 23 hours and earn 250 HHonors points per Hilton website for Hilton Travel Partner. Be sure to use HHonors - Avis Worldwide Discount number K851000 when making reservation. You can rent an Opel Astra 1.6 or similar for 53 Eur including tax.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:35 pm

I'm sorry, the above post should have been
directed to djohannw.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 10:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YesHyM:
dcwcce: Hop over to CGN and rent from Avis an Opel Astra 1.6 or similar for 23 hours and earn 250 HHonors points per Hilton website for Hilton Travel Partner. Be sure to use HHonors - Avis Worldwide Discount number K851000 when making reservation. You can rent an Opel Astra 1.6 or similar for 53 Eur including tax. </font>
Well, with that Pricetag I probably will be buying the 1000 points if I need to (i.e. the account cannot run negative)...;-)!

But thanks for the suggestion!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 2, 2002, 1:57 pm

Today I decided to call HHonors and tell them about my problem. "Well, what problem?" they asked. "We simply adjust your account and you are all set". After hanging up my wife's account showed the exact necessary number of points, so I could book the award online with no problem.

Great service, Hilton!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 12, 2002, 3:38 pm
Suspended

10000 points short...

I need 33000 points for 2 free weekend nights but has only 23000 points. Can i reserve 2 free nights falling 10K short now ? Cos I am sure to have 33K by the time I am travelling.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
you can make your hotel reservation now (be sure you tell them you are planning to use the 2 weekend award cert), and you can request the award cert. later when you have enough points (by phone, or directly online).
Award cert. usually takes 1-2 weeks to arrive, so you may want to get your cert directly online.
Old Apr 12, 2002, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Another solution...expensive one!

Buy 10000 points for 100$ if you are in a hurry! Just call HHonors Service desk and ask for it.

Good luck!
Old Apr 12, 2002, 11:19 pm

The hilton rules don't allow more than a purchase of 10% of the award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.