Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Arrow Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade {US-CA}

Stayed this weeekend at DT SMF, passed a conf room many times with plans, color schemes, etc. for a new Embassy Suites in old town Sacramento. Did not see planned opening date.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 3:03 pm

The new Embassy Suites is under construction on Capitol Mall next to the Tower Bridge which crosses the Sacramento River. The location is a good one, overlooking the river and across the street from Old Sacramento. Raley Field, the home of the River Cats AAA baseball team (Oakland As affiliate) is within walking distance across the Tower Bridge. I don't know for sure when the property is set to open, but it looks as if the framing is done.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 10:26 pm

This will open 1 May. Can hardly wait.
Old Apr 14, 2002, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
El Cochinito:

Is it within walking distance of the Railroad Museum? (This will help me picture the location.)
Old Apr 17, 2002, 10:26 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
It's definitely a short walking distance to the railroad museum (and River Cats games at Raley field) and all of Old Sacramento. It's also very close to the Downtown Plaza where there's movie theaters, Macy's and various other shops. It's right on Capitol Mall and the State Capitol is about a mile away right down the street. Excellent location for sure.

Looks like it opens about may 22nd, 2002. Here's a link with more info...

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/h...3DGoogle%2BSea rch&bhjs=1&bhsw=800&bhsh=600&bhswi=780&bhshi=437&b hflver=5&bhdir=1&bhje=1&bhcold=32&bhrl=0&bhqt=0&bh mp=1&bhab=-1&bhmpex=6,4,7,1119&bhflex=5,0,42,0&bhdirex=7,0,0, 205&bhcont=lan
Old Jul 2, 2002, 1:13 am
ES

Embassy Suites - Sacramento

Has anyone stayed at the new Embassy Suites in Sacramento? How are the rooms? Since it is a new facility, have they worked out the kinks (the Sheraton in Sacramento had lots of early problems)? Is there a cost to park a car?
Old Jul 2, 2002, 7:09 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I have not stayed here. I can tell you only
what the local press states. So here it is-
No. Nice by general Sacramento standards
but normal for Embassy Suites. Yes but still
working on fine points. Yes. The Hotel is
located very very near Old Sacramento where
parking for free has always been difficult.
There is a very large parking structure near
the Hotel which may be less. The Hotel may
also use this lot since I can not believe
they have a very large lot on their own since
it is near the river which I believe
precludes a large underground lot. The
public spaces art has been reported on and
looks beautiful.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 9:51 am
ST

I spent a night at the Sacramento Embassy Suites on June 22nd (several days after they opened). RTWSTARALLIANCE is right -- it is nice, but typical for Embassy Suites. The location is it's best selling feature. It is VERY close (across a busy street) to "Old Sacramento. Valet parking is $18/day. There is no self parking at the hotel, although I was told there is a remote lot that costs $15/day. Doesn't seem worth it to hoof it from somewhere else just to save $3/day! Retrieving your car from valet parking was prompt even though the hotel was filled to capacity. However, the valets were very lax with the car keys, leaving them in each car they pulled up into the long circular driveway because nobody was paying attention, nor checking parking tickets at all; anybody could have just driven away with my car!

They are obviously still getting set up properly -- no room service menus in the rooms and pancake syrup for the breakfast buffet was in an unlabeled coffee urn, for example. However, every staff person I had contact with at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. (And the scones at their breakfast buffet were fabulous!!)

Two drawbacks for me were the extremely small size of the (indoor) hotel pool and the noise. Like most Embassy Suites, all the rooms face out to the atrium and noise echos throughout the hotel. There appeared to be no limit to how late folks were permitted to stay up in the comfy lounge chairs in the atrium. There was a women's volleyball tournament when I was there and the women hung out in the atrium almost all night making tremendous noise. Even from the rear bedroom of my suite I was kept awake past midnight from the noise. If you're the type who can sleep through anything (or if you want to party with the volleyball team) this won't be a problem, but I hope they will do more to keep it quieter at night. Perhaps once they're completely finished there will be more carpet or wall hangings in the atrium to absorb sound.

That being said, I still have reservations for two more stays there this summer. I'm willing to give it a couple more chances to work things out, otherwise my future stays will be at the Sacramento Hilton or Doubletree!

One final note -- I am Hilton Gold and received absolutely nothing special at this hotel.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:36 pm

ST, didn't you get the ES amenity? No kidding, I've gotten one at every ES this year (6 different properties).

Bottled water (2), cookies, chips & granola bar in a nice box with a Welcome Letter from the Manager. I'm also a HH gold.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 8:26 am
ST

Nope, shadow, I didn't get anything. I checked in at 3:30 p.m. and never received "the Embassy Touch -- light snack
upon arrival". The hotel had only been open for I believe 4 days so maybe they didn't have the boxes available. I'm staying there in two weeks and will see if they have their act together this time.
Old Aug 16, 2002, 11:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ST:
...I'm staying there in two weeks and will see if they have their act together this time.</font>
Any report?

Old Aug 16, 2002, 11:43 pm
ES

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
Any report?

</font>
I stayed at the Sacramento ES in early July. I checked in at about midnight and there was no parking valet. The check-in person took my keys. I was never charged for valet parking, but I believe it is about $15/day (I do not believe there is any self parking). I think there was some confusion due to the late hour.

My room had an ES Touch waiting for me, but the accompanying letter was addressed to someone else. I received one or two small bottles of Crystal Geyser(?) water, some southwestern chips, a granola-type food bar and maybe some candy. The rooms were new (becasue they are new). I had not stayed at an ES for many years, so I have no real basis for comparison regarding the room.

Upon my departure at about 8:00 am, the valet parking attendant took a while (maybe 10-15 minutes) to get my vehicle.

Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:21 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Is the ES walkable from the Amtrak station? With a bit of luggage? Does the hotel have a shuttle to Amtrak? (I can obviously call but thought someone might know.)

Thanks for the recent report.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 3:15 pm

It's definitely walkable. Amtrack is at 5th and I and the hotel is 2nd/L so about 6 blocks max.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 5:59 pm

This is one of the best located ESs anywhere, when you wish to be in the city. Great location in Sacramento.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.