Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Sixt Car Rental and Hilton Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Dear All,
is there anyone in the know regarding the cooperation between the two - as I have a card in the hotel room (Munich Park) saying something along the lines of earning 250 HH points when renting a Sixt car - is that instead of double dip with airline at the hotel or is that when renting the car instead of the airline miles???

Any help will be appreciated

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 12, 2002, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Hilton Honors allows you to earn an additional 250 Hilton points when you rent with certain car rental agencies. If you go to the HHH site and modify your profile you will see something for car rentals. Most times the points post automatically with every stay - even if you haven't rented a car. This 250 HHH points is in addition to any airline miles, regular and bonus points you get. Hope this helps.

------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 5:11 pm

Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan HiltonHhonors Diamond, Northwest Gold
Where is Sixt located anyway. I've never seen a stand-alone counter in all my domestic travels. But I did see their sign behind the Dollar counter at Kona Airport. I asked whether that meant I could get partner points for being a hiltonhhonors member, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by a2sportsguy:
Where is Sixt located anyway. I've never seen a stand-alone counter in all my domestic travels. But I did see their sign behind the Dollar counter at Kona Airport. I asked whether that meant I could get partner points for being a hiltonhhonors member, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.</font>

I believe Sixt is a European car rental company. It is Hilton that gives the extra HHH points if you have a car rental associated with your hotel stay, not the car company.

[This message has been edited by MoreMilesPlease (edited 08-12-2002).]
Old Nov 19, 2005, 2:14 pm

Sixt Rental bonus

Apologies if this has already been posted, but couldn't see it from searching;

500 Hilton points for each rental
2500 bonus for first rental ^

Free upgrade for diamonds

plus this is Sixt double dip - ie you get both airline and hotel points with each rental (didn't know this!)

Think I'll be renting with Sixt next time!

http://ag.sixt.com/partner/partnerdp...NER=hilton.txt
Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
That's cool. I've used them in Italy and it was great, it was a very good price, the people excellent, all the good stuff.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:38 am

2035:
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of this ... and had a Sixt car rental in Germany .. and stayed at the Hilton Dresden.
In Europe it's worth to consider Sixt. I became Sixt Platinum through Ameniti and get 35% discount. Also 1,000 LH Miles (more or less, forgot the amount) for "calling in" ahead of pick-up ... look at Sixt's website.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
SIXT car rental offers bonus miles

Spotted this on the sixt site as I was decicing which loyalty program to use for my first rental with them. Should get 8000 HHonors points as it;s my first rental with them. Cheapest rates I found were online.

Sixt – Hilton Special Offer
Hilton HHonors members can earn 7,500 bonus points for the first car rental with Sixt. This is a free night at a Hilton Family Hotel of the Opportunity category.
The offer is valid for your first car rental from Sixt between 01 May 2008 and 31 August 2008. The 7,500 bonus points will be awarded for your first rental with Sixt by stating your HHonors Membership number upon booking. Please allow up to 6 weeks after the end of the promotion for the points to show on your account.

From page http://ag.sixt.com/autovermietung/pa...010_hilton.php
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just received an email from HHonors advertising this promotion.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:48 pm

received this mail today ... it states 7,500 HH points for the "first rental with Sixt".

First rental .. or first rental stating my HH membership number ?
I have the Sixt Platinum card for many years, which gives me 35% discount.

Would I get the discount AND the HH points ... that's the question !
Old Jun 16, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahrz
First rental .. or first rental stating my HH membership number ?
This should answer your question:
Originally Posted by Hertz/Sixt bonus miles offer T&Cs
Offer is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers. Offer is valid for your first car rental from Sixt between 1 May 2008 and 31 August 2008. In order to receive the 7,500 HHonors bonus points please quote your HHonors membership number upon booking. The bonus points will only be awarded if you are an HHonors member and have never rented with Sixt before. Please allow up to 6 weeks after the end of the promotion for the points to be applied to your account. Various car rental restrictions and requirements apply in each country.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:23 am

Points tracked

Well I picked up my rental car on Saturday and today (Tuesday) I can track the points online through the Sixt site and it shows 7500 have been posted to HHonors.

I guess I was lucky I had not rented with them before.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
You can get a discount via your HH Membership:
* 15% discount: Hilton HHonors Blue Card members*
* 25% discount: Hilton HHonors Silver and Gold Card members*
* 35% discount: Hilton HHonors Diamond Card members*

So I would think if you have rented before... this should be your first time renting as John _A_ Smith.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:06 pm
SST

Be very careful of the rates on this promo: tried a competing reservation at CDG in July, and got a rate about $100 higher for five days than Hertz gave me...... needless to say, no 7500 for me on that one. Tried a one-day rental in Nice, but their rate was again about $30 higher. I'll try again with other rentals. MUST be someplace they're close to competitive.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:19 am

Rates

Agreed, if the rates are not good then you need to weigh up how much the points are worth to you.

I got some rates throught the SIXT reservations team over the phone using my SIXT gold card discount but these were 55% higher than I could get on the internet with them. Their internet rates usually seem to be cheapest for me. This was for a UK rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.