Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Adrenaline Collection - age requirement and coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Aloha,

I'm going to San Diego this summer, hoping to spend one day in a vehicle from Hertz' adrenaline collection, preferably the GT premium.

Well, here's my case:
- I have a Gold membership, and by using the GoldFamily CDP the website allows me to reserve a Mustang for about $200/day (even though I'm 23 years old). Is there a chance they change their mind when I get there, regardless of the fact that my reservation seem "OK" online?

I've rented the Camaro SS from Hertz before. However, that was a more or less "staff goodwill"-based accept. I didn't use my gold account back then anyway, so there's no "proof" I did rent it

Also, does anyone know about any PC# applicable for this collection of vehicles?

Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Aloha is for Hawaii :P

If you use the Gold family CDP like you said you should have no problems at all.

I just turned 25 but for the past couple of years I had been renting lots of cars from Hertz specifically for that program reason. The lowest I ever rented was an LCar and also did several prestige cars etc. I never once had a problem.

FYI though I priced a lot of different options in lax,sfo,and san for an upcoming trip I have out there and the Corvette was a much cheaper option and its a way better car if you dont have a ton of luggage. Of course the other down side is the Corvette only has 100 miles per day alotted so if you arent staying in town the whole time that might be an issue.

hope this helps.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:27 am
Original Poster

That was very helpful, thanks alot!

Yeah, I've rented the Corvette from another agency before, and it's an awesome ride. However, I'm a Mustang fan to the bone myself. I drove a Mustang GT when I lived in SD for a year, before I had to move back to Norway. Even though that was an older one, it was a lot of fun, compared to the european "environmental friendly" carpark. I really miss it

By the way, I was, in addition, thinking of renting something really exotic like Ferrari or Lamborghini. I can hardly find any renting company who allow "underage" rentals. Do you have any experience with this?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When i was under 25 (which wasn't too long ago), i loved Hertz. The gold family cdp and other waived underage cdps got me to 5* pretty quickly. They treated me like a king, and i never looked for rentals anywhere else.

I had no issues with the Fun Collection (including 300hp V6 mustangs). The rebranded adreneline collection (the V8 mustang) is very new (Q1 2011), so i can't comment on that.

Especially as a gold, once you book it, especially at an airport, the only other check is to make sure your ID name matches your contact.

Have fun.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RentalCar1987
By the way, I was, in addition, thinking of renting something really exotic like Ferrari or Lamborghini. I can hardly find any renting company who allow "underage" rentals. Do you have any experience with this?
Knowing that exotic rentals are usually over $2000/day for grown-ups, I wouldn't expect to find one for less than $3000/day for the under-25 set, if they even bother.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BonzoESC
Knowing that exotic rentals are usually over $2000/day for grown-ups, I wouldn't expect to find one for less than $3000/day for the under-25 set, if they even bother.
Actually, I just found "Black and White car Rental", located in Los Angeles. These guys don't care as long as you're over 21. That's great news They're affordable too (kind of anyway...)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:32 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Try the Las Vegas Strip

I would suggest trying the Las Vegas Strip.

There always seems to be expensive metal floating around there available for rent.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I know a guy who was a VP for Beverly Hills Car Rental in L.A. Good guy, and he said it was a good company, so I'd trust them. No idea about their underage policies, though.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
I know a guy who was a VP for Beverly Hills Car Rental in L.A. Good guy, and he said it was a good company, so I'd trust them. No idea about their underage policies, though.
Thanks, but their exotics required 25 years or older. However, MBZ SL63 AMG would be quite a lot of fun also I think
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
im actually in the car business myself buying and selling highline and exotic cars so ive been very blessed to own a lot of cool cars. I think paying 4 figures to drive a car like that just for the day is silly and very wasteful.

Most exotic rentals want several credit card deposits, full insurance check etc. I understand why they do it but I dont want to jump through hoops to rent a car.

With BH exotics and some of the others mentioned I did see they had some pretty reasonable rates if the standard Corvette or Cadillac DTS, E Class etc doesnt do it for you. I believe they had S550 Mercedes for $299 a day, SL550 for $349, Jaguar XK similar prices etc. Yes, you do have to be 25 and up though.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:32 pm

The Underage Coupon advertisement on the Hertz website now specifically says:

All car classes (excludes Adrenaline or Prestige Collection rentals, Corvettes and other car classes restricted from the Young Renter Program)
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast

All car classes (excludes Adrenaline or Prestige Collection rentals, Corvettes and other car classes restricted from the Young Renter Program)
Looks like the only option for kids under 25 is the traditional witticism: it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Poster

This is the Underage coupon, and not the Gold Family CDP, am I right? Besides, I know they make exceptions. They let me rent the Camaro SS without even being a Gold member. Maybe that was because I did so for two weeks
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:26 am

This is the Underage coupon, and not the Gold Family CDP, am I right?

True. The rules might be slightly different. I wouldn't know firsthand. I never asked for the expensive exotic stuff.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:53 am
Original Poster

This is the Underage coupon, and not the Gold Family CDP, am I right?

True. The rules might be slightly different. I wouldn't know firsthand. I never asked for the expensive exotic stuff.
I hear you! However, you probably have no idea how Norwegian taxes and "environment charges" kills cars with engines > 1.0L volume. No such muscle cars exist here. Therefore, this is my only chance of getting to drive one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.