Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz No 1 Club Gold 5* - In Europe but not in US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL

I'm a No 1 Club Gold 5* member and have just noticed on an upcoming booking I have in LAX this week that I need to go to the standard counter, all my European bookings send me to the Gold counter. I just spoke to customer services and they said that I'm Gold in Europe but not in US or Australia but was not able to explain any further.

Does this sound normal? I got my Gold card via AMEX Plat and have also rented more than 10 cars in 2008.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yup , perfectly normal

What you need to do is to add the other regions to your account. Phone back and ask to get your membership updated to cover the other 2 regions Australia/New Zealand and US/Canada You need, iirc, to sign another form to cover the other regions and send it in and then your membership will work globally

Dave
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:53 am

vSFU - as Dave Noble says, you need to update your profile.

Log onto Hertz, and somewhere in your Gold profile, there should be a bit about the various different options you want on different continents/regions (try My Profile > Vehicle Preferences). Fill that in, then fax it off to Hertz (they need a signature for the US IIRC).

Unless you've ticked boxes and submitted the relevant bits back to Hertz, they'll not extend Gold/5* service to those regions - I got caught out with this about 3 years ago in Oz, and subsequently setup my Gold profile for all countries.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Thanks for the advice. Odd, as last year I was Gold in the US and the US box was ticked in my profile.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Old thread, but when I was googling how to get my gold status in Europe it came up so I figured I'd post the instructions from Hertz here (they also sent them in an e-mail a few minutes later) should anybody else be searching.

Thank you for your recent reservation. In order to extend your #1 Club Gold(R) membership privileges for this and any future international rentals you will need to add international selections to your Gold profile.

You may make these changes by logging onto hertz.com and clicking on "My Profile" then scrolling down to the Vehicle Preferences and clicking the "Edit" button.

Select the tab in which you want to extend your Gold Services, complete the information, then click the update button. Your options will be saved and your benefits will be extended for that Region. Please allow 48 hours for pending reservations to reflect your extended Gold Service.

On my page, the My Profile link on the left actually said My Account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.