Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using points to obtain vehicle during blackout period

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I did a quick search and nothing came up. I did some research before my trip and found out that Hertz has blackout dates for the dates that I was going to be in Hawaii.

I was looking to rent a car for the day in Honolulu and the Hertz desk at my hotel asked for about twice what I was looking to pay. I knew they had a boatload of cars as saw a steel wire chock full of keys. I casually asked if it was possible to use points and the clerk told me it might be possible if I called the 800 number. Low and behold, the 800 number allowed me to use points to book my car. The only downside was that I had to wait 2 hours before she could allow me to rent the car. (..., she had the reservation in her system but couldn't rent to me?)

Now I'm a bit annoyed because I wonder if I could have used it during other portions of my trip. Even if it was for a few days, I could have saved a few hundred bucks.

Old Aug 3, 2008, 6:52 pm

Hertz has blackout dates, but you can use points during these times, its just called peak time and the point usage is about double of a non-peak time.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Danke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.