Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

'How to redeem Hertz points for rental' Guide - Consolidated

Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I did not see a thread on this. Maybe this will be useful for others as well.

If I want to rent Saturday afternoon thru Monday afternoon, what kind of award am I looking at? Will it be two free weekend days or one weekend and one weekday day?

From the Hertz website, it looks like I have to pick out an award first which will deduct the points and issue me a certificate of some kind (e-version) and i will apply that to my rental. This is really weird if it turns out that I need a different kind of award, the points will still remain deducted or do they go back into my account for them to issue another one?

First time I am trying to do it, so making sure I follow the right steps.

Where can I see which days are peak vs non-peak?

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:03 pm

Why don't you call them? They can do the award booking over the phone. It really depends upon exactly when you will be returning on Monday to determine if it's a weekend or weekday. It also varies by location.

Click "Redeem Points & Blackout Dates" for the peak period list. This link might work.

Keep in mind that Hertz has 50% off airport rental rates on the weekends now at most locations, so I think it might not be worth taking a weekend award in some cases if you pick up by end of month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.