Wiki Posts
Search

CDW with Capital One Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

CDW with Capital One Visa Signature

Hello board,

My second post-- asked similar question in CC forum, but have not received any concrete answers...

Planning to rent a car in the Dom Rep with my Cap One Signature. After reading caveats and T&C's, got a bit concerned due to the following:
-Initiate and complete the entire rental transaction with your eligible Visa Signature card

Does it mean that I can't use a coupon or discount, since technically not "entire transaction" will be paid by the card? Calling Visa CDW support and Capital One was useless...

Thanks a million in advance!
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My guess (just a guess) is that you should still be OK. Don't you still need to provide a credit card and they would still run an authorization? If so, it seems to me that the card is triggered and tied to the rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.