Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neverlost in Kilometers

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Smile Neverlost in Kilometers

I just drove a car equipped with the Neverlost system in Canada. I was very amused by the warnings to turn that always seemed to come at "3.1 kilometers" and then at "0.7 kilometers."

I suspect these were the 2-mile and 1/2-mile warnings converted to km. (Although they should really be 3.2 km and 0.8 km, I believe.)

Was it too hard for the programmers to program different warning distances in km (e.g., "3 km" and "1 km")? 3.1 km is truly an awkward distance. Not very elegant.

Is this an issue only with Neverlost or is it the same with all Magellan systems?
Old May 25, 2008, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by schwarm
I just drove a car equipped with the Neverlost system in Canada. I was very amused by the warnings to turn that always seemed to come at "3.1 kilometers" and then at "0.7 kilometers."

I suspect these were the 2-mile and 1/2-mile warnings converted to km. (Although they should really be 3.2 km and 0.8 km, I believe.)

Was it too hard for the programmers to program different warning distances in km (e.g., "3 km" and "1 km")? 3.1 km is truly an awkward distance. Not very elegant.

Is this an issue only with Neverlost or is it the same with all Magellan systems?
In miles, Neverlost often alerts in "2.1 miles," so it's probably a Neverlost thing.
Old May 31, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
I was in BLI for work and drove up to Vancouver for a visit. Not long after crossing the border, my Neverlost nav switched from miles to kilometers. ^ I forgot that it did this (but should've known since last year I was BUF and drove up to Toronto and it switched then too).

Really cool!
Old Jun 1, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NOLA Flyer
I was in BLI for work and drove up to Vancouver for a visit. Not long after crossing the border, my Neverlost nav switched from miles to kilometers. ^ I forgot that it did this (but should've known since last year I was BUF and drove up to Toronto and it switched then too).

Really cool!
I often get cars in BUF, I normally have to turn it off and when it restarts it will be in KM. It does not change over for me when I hit the border.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.