Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

If it were a LTZ and had active XM... I’d be okay with it. I mean I wouldn’t, but I’d take it over some other cars. I liked that generation of the Impala. And they’re pretty zippy too with the 3.6L.

-J.
Forget about the active XM. Hertz has disconnected them all unless you pay for it.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by melissaru
Forget about the active XM. Hertz has disconnected them all unless you pay for it.
Really... interesting. I wonder how they do that on a rental-to-rental basis, since it's integrated into each car's radio. I haven't rented with Hertz in a while.

-J.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by melissaru
I've been in many Hertz cars - I'm in one currently - where the XM is just fine and I'm not paying for it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sweeper20
I've been in many Hertz cars - I'm in one currently - where the XM is just fine and I'm not paying for it.
Same, just had one this weekend. I would say 80% or more of my Hertz rentals in recent years have had active XM and I've never paid for it.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:12 pm

Yeah every rental I've had this year (around 16 so far) apart from an old 2017 Camry, has had working Sirius XM radio.

Although, I try to hunt out the newer models with less mileage so I guess SiriusXM is still working in them because of the initial 'free' trial you get with any new car right?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:12 am

Really... interesting. I wonder how they do that on a rental-to-rental basis, since it's integrated into each car's radio. I haven't rented with Hertz in a while.

-J.
Same way all the other companies do it. Sirius/XM has some sort of back-end software they can integrate in to the rental car company's own system allowing the rental agent to turn the radio on when checking out the vehicle. Upon return, the radio is automatically turned off. Elsewhere on the forum there have been reports from LAS, SFO and STL that XM is being enabled only for paying customers. Either it's a test thing in certain markets, or they're gradually rolling this out as they get software updated. Also possible it's only occurring on newer vehicles entering the fleet since the XM Radio ID would have to be inputted somewhere in Hertz's software for each vehicle.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
This thread got side tracked. There should be a separate thread for Sirius/XM in HERTZ Cars.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm at SDQ and my vehicle has over 60K miles on it and bald tires. Otherwise it's a good vehicle with a strong engine.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
This thread got side tracked. There should be a separate thread for Sirius/XM in HERTZ Cars.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm at SDQ and my vehicle has over 60K miles on it and bald tires. Otherwise it's a good vehicle with a strong engine.
What kind of car is that? I've always wondered what people actually rent in the DR.

-J.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
What kind of car is that? I've always wondered what people actually rent in the DR.

-J.
Hi J.

It's a 2016 Ford Explorer. "Dominican Republic" Edition! LOL .... Meaning that the windows are ALL tinted - including the windshield. All the side windows and back glass are 5% limousine tint and the windshield is tinted like 20% or 35%. Otherwise it's a base Ford Explorer.

There was another SUV that they offered me at the time but that one was full of sand in the floorboard and needed to be cleaned.

I was here about two months ago and had a little Hyundai econo-box. It was great for slaloming through traffic but the engine was gutless. I much prefer the Explorer.

Gas is $4.08 a gallon (US Equivalent) here, but I'm not paying for it. It gets charged to the project that I'm on.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:58 am

Received a last generation Honda CR-V 2.4EL from "Hertz" Thailand at BKK with 183,500km (114k miles). At first, I misread the contract as 18,350km. Car was surprisingly in amazing shape. Only a few small chips and some minor rattling when going over bumps. Interior was spotless as always when renting in Thailand. Goes to show how long cars can last with better upkeep.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dealt two bad hands this week:

- ATL: 2018 Chevy Impala with 37,400 miles, Rhode Island plates and an oil change light. I ended up getting a flat so I switched out to:
- CSG: 2018 Kia Forte with 31,000 miles. My second high mileage car at CSG, they must attract them for some reason.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by CMK10
Dealt two bad hands this week:

- ATL: 2018 Chevy Impala with 37,400 miles, Rhode Island plates and an oil change light. I ended up getting a flat so I switched out to:
- CSG: 2018 Kia Forte with 31,000 miles. My second high mileage car at CSG, they must attract them for some reason.

I never took a car with any kind of indication. I got a flat once in a Mercedes ML350, but I was well over 50 miles from the nearest Hertz location (and I was at about 9,500 feet altitude) so I wasn't about to drive on the donut. It had run-flat tires that could go, you guessed it, 50 miles. I told them I could try; they sent a flatbed.

I feel like as a PC you deserve better, but then again it is Hertz.

-J.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
BOS: A Ford Explorer with 39,000 and chance miles. Made the mistake of making a reservation last year when the Sox were in the World Series. Arrived late. Last car on the lot. Front driver’s tire blew the next day, which Hertz charged me for, even as PC.
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
An old Kia Sportage with the steering wheel on the right side at GCM last weekend with 46,000 miles.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:27 am

18 maxima with 45k that vibrated over 50mph and had cheap chinese tires

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.