Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
Hm, well, I could have been wrong actually. Come to think of it, I didn't actually try to pair my phone, so it may have worked after all if I had looked. It did not have the video screen based infotainment setup though but instead the standard one that is the same or similar to previous year Jettas I've driven. And it still appears to still have that old iPod interface with outdated 30-pin cord! I also thought I didn't find phone-related buttons on the steering wheel (a usual hallmark of Bluetooth connectivity) but I may not have been paying close attention. I did like the standard D-shaped wheel, very unusual on a moderate car (D-shaped and no leather wrap, such an unusual combo, haha).

I used my iPhone with the Aux jack to play music, using the sat radio very little.

The car had SE and TSi badges but I'm not up on the VW trim levels. I figured it was pretty base for the Jetta which is nonetheless pretty decent. It's a nice car overall, just weird not to plug in with USB in a 2015, even with the base audio unit.
It's there, just not well-labeled:

"Connecting
1.Start the ignition. Your vehicle's Bluetooth system will be in "discovery" mode for the next three minutes.

1.From the Bluetooth menu on your phone, search for new devices and select VW PHONE.

1.A connection request will appear on the multifunction display.

1.Press OK on the steering wheel.

1.The multifunction display will then show a PIN.

1.Make sure the same PIN is displayed on your phone and press OK on the steering wheel. Then press PAIR on your phone.

http://knowyourvw.com/bluetooth/
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
On a G reservation, offered a 2013 Nissan Maxima with 52k miles. Took a 2015 Malibu LT (F) with 6k miles instead. Had NeverLost, not that I care.

In fairness, it was a NYC HLE on a Thursday evening before the 4th of July weekend. Very slim pickings. Location was very nice about it, and apologetic, so I don't blame the staff.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:58 am

56k Nissan Pathfinder out of IAD.

I said I didn't want that car, and it did smell pretty funky. Offered me a transverse.

I upgraded to a Tahoe.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
55,000 miles on a 2013 Dodge Caravan (FL plates) that I selected over an Altima at the Jersey City HLE for the 4th of July weekend. The interior was a little trashed, but tires had enough tread, engine was sound, and no other mechanical issues. It was a base model, so no expired XM to worry about.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:17 pm

I got a 54k 2013 Altima as my first rental with Hertz, Highland Park HLE in NJ. Got no choice because it was the only car they had. No Bluetooth, but has power seats.
On my second rental, was offered a 51k Chrysler 200. Taken a 39k 2014 Camry with NeverLost instead...which is the full size with lowest mileage they had. With Bluetooth that did not work properly and manual seats.

Last edited by sss0083; Aug 10, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:56 am
Suspended

Hertz Munich Airport 78,000 Kms, hail damage, key-scratch across driver side door, lots of dents and blemishes. The car was a wreck. They said "hail damage noted, don't worry". I insisted on a difference car. Was basically brand new, 200kms. No way I am going to take a wrecked car and be charged for anything on return.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
SAT last weekend. Toyota Camry with 45,000 miles, a bent key, huge chip in the windshield (circled with grease pen) and multiple dents.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
SAT last weekend. Toyota Camry with 45,000 miles, a bent key, huge chip in the windshield (circled with grease pen) and multiple dents.
Also SAT last week. Lincoln MKZ (2012) with 40,000 miles and it reeked of smoke. I got an ATS instead.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:47 pm

First rental with Hertz in a very long time.

I'm Executive with National and Preferred with Avis.

Just signed up for Gold with Hertz to try it out.

DTW: received a Corolla with 48k miles. Most miles I have ever had on a rental vehicle in 25 years. Floor carpet with wear holes in them. Drove OK.

Refilling the vehicle, the area around the fuel cap was filthy -- caked on dirt.

Rented a vehicle later in week from SFO as National Exec. Chose a Camero with 8k on it. Nice ride.

What a contrast. Not sure I will be back to Hertz
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
After actually being fairly happy with what Hertz has been giving me recently...

GSP (Greenville, SC) last Sunday. Originally given a Corolla with 59K miles on it. Went back and asked for something else - only other option was a Sentra with about 50K miles.

Ended up taking a Ford Focus (compact) with "only" 31k miles on it. Drove well, but idled so roughly that it made it feel like one of those massage chairs you see in airports...
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:02 pm

I had a Nissan Altima with over 50k miles. I put 1500 miles on it in 3 days.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hertz MXP

Got a Alfa Romeo Guillietta with 63.000km on it. Some Damage on the side, and weird smell, but ok car.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hertz DCA

Made a res for a day rental and we got stuck with a Nissan Sentra running 37,500 miles. Plastic around the shifter is cracked and looks very bad.

Pretty poor for a Pres. Club rental.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Hertz DCA

Made a res for a day rental and we got stuck with a Nissan Sentra running 37,500 miles. Plastic around the shifter is cracked and looks very bad.

Pretty poor for a Pres. Club rental.
I finally figured out who you are Anyway, I had a Sentra a few months ago in RDU I think and I was pleasantly surprised. 2015 SV model and it even had a touchscreen. As someone who truly hates Nissans, I was genuinely surprised, and would definitely take it over some of the other cars in that class (like the, well, uhh... gosh idk. Maybe the Kia Forte).

-J.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
DTW just received a truck load of fleet Impala Limited's - I had one with 2 miles on it. Agent at the gate said they were getting several truck loads...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.