FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   PHL - walk to terminal instead of the bus? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/770908-phl-walk-terminal-instead-bus.html)

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 22, 2007 8:17 am

PHL - walk to terminal instead of the bus?

I get frustrated by how long it takes for the bus to get from the Hertz lot to the terminals....I usually fly UA and it seems like the Hertz lot might be just one parking garage away from the terminal that UA uses....has anyone walked that before?

LNusb Dec 22, 2007 8:22 am

I make the walk all the time

Its not that far, if you bear to the right as you come out of the UAL baggage claim you can cut across the parking lot, across the access road, and into the exit lanes and the Gold service area. Now that DL has moved to terminal A, I haven't been able to use it as much in the cold weather. It saves a ton of time especially when you return.

mcgahat Dec 22, 2007 9:09 am

Yes, I now always walk through the garage over to the terminal.

CVO 1K 2 Million Dec 22, 2007 9:52 am

Does anyone know which parking garage the Hertz lot is across from?
I found this nice map but it doesn't show rental car locations
http://www.phl.org/flashterminalmap.html

mcgahat Dec 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Behind E/F garage....closer the the end of the garage if memory serves me correctly.

LNusb Dec 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Its between the D and E/F garage, more on the E/F as the poster above notes.

drnp Dec 23, 2007 10:14 am

Im flying to PHL on CO next month. Ive flown to PHL before, but always waited for the Hertz shuttle, and yes it was a long wait both times. Can one walk to the Hertz lot from the terminal where CO is located?

LPCJr Dec 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by drnp (Post 8944084)
Im flying to PHL on CO next month. Ive flown to PHL before, but always waited for the Hertz shuttle, and yes it was a long wait both times. Can one walk to the Hertz lot from the terminal where CO is located?

CO is also in Terminal D like UA. You definitely can walk from here, as the Hertz lot is roughly between D garage and E/F garage.

pagotto Dec 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by LPCJr (Post 8946199)
CO is also in Terminal D like UA. You definitely can walk from here, as the Hertz lot is roughly between D garage and E/F garage.

I got yelled at once by someone for walking - I ignored them. It is literally a 3 minute walk from the D or E so it is definitely walkable. Not sure I would walk it from A, however, as that is the first bus stop

PHLflying Dec 28, 2007 9:43 am

Originally Posted by pagotto (Post 8950829)
I got yelled at once by someone for walking - I ignored them. It is literally a 3 minute walk from the D or E so it is definitely walkable. Not sure I would walk it from A, however, as that is the first bus stop

Of course you got yelled at, this is PHL and there is probably a no walk allowed clause in the driver's contract, he is probably allowed to run peds over...:cool:

kiljin Jan 2, 2008 3:18 pm

Walking seems to becoming more popular. I walked over this morning and no one cared, and as I was driving out I saw someone else walking on in. I think it is faster even if you get the bus perfectly timed. At least from USAir's Terminal.

milesunited Jul 2, 2018 8:43 am

Is the location of rental car & terminals still the same? I plan to return to Hertz or Enterprise next month and take an AA flight. What is time from return to check in that I can expect?

Flying Machine Oct 5, 2020 12:45 pm

Interesting, never knew it was that close. Terminal D United to Hertz, if I read correctly, just cut across the garage and you should be able to enter Hertz through the exit where the check out booths are. Last time I waited over a half hour for that bus, never thought of walking

Flying Machine Oct 6, 2020 6:49 pm

Wow! And after all those years, that I waited for such a long time for the bus )always fly in on United)

Who would’ve known it’s not even five minutes just take your first crosswalk to the right of the exit of you a baggage claim walk through the parking lot and you’re there. Well, you have to walk in through the exit where the car is check out… I’ll never take the bus again

akarneboge Oct 8, 2020 9:27 am

I also walk every time picking up and dropping off, and I fly mostly AA mainline. It is still much faster than the bus.