Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling LDW at Counter?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Canceling LDW at Counter?

I booked a car without noticing the LDW under my preferences was set to "accept". The rates have changed now, and I was wondering if it was possible to cancel the LDW part of the quote on the phone or through at the counter?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:34 am

you can do that at the counter right before you pickup your vehicle
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flatliner
you can do that at the counter right before you pickup your vehicle
yeah I thought so, I remember I did it before in SLC, but last time I was in Vancouver, the lady wouldn't let me cancel it.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: LH, Hertz, Europcar, IHG
second the move

Originally Posted by lakai
I booked a car without noticing the LDW under my preferences was set to "accept". The rates have changed now, and I was wondering if it was possible to cancel the LDW part of the quote on the phone or through at the counter?
I'd like to know that, too. Maid a few reservations for cars in the US via the German Hertz site. The rates are quite competative but always include LDW (which I don't need because of CC). If I could cancel out the LDW it would really make them a bargain. Otherwise Budget is cheaper in some cases...
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wicketo
I'd like to know that, too. Maid a few reservations for cars in the US via the German Hertz site. The rates are quite competative but always include LDW (which I don't need because of CC). If I could cancel out the LDW it would really make them a bargain. Otherwise Budget is cheaper in some cases...
You could book through the US Site -- just set your country of residence to the US and you won't get the LDW.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by noah
You could book through the US Site -- just set your country of residence to the US and you won't get the LDW.
I already tried that. The price remains the same. Only when I book 'from Germany' LDW is included. As it is, it's a good rate. But getting rid of the LDW at the counter would make it super cheap...
Guess I'll just have to try.
Thanx anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

I've canceled at counter twice, both times in the US, but the only time I could not cancel was my last rental in Vancouver , Canada which i reserved with a AMEX Platinum CDP. I insisted on canceling it but the lady kept saying that it is part of the reservation and if I could not cancel it without canceling the reservation ( which would hike the price up as well)
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:24 am

Well, guess I'll just try and see what happens... @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.