Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Your Questions Here...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JaggedMind
Here is a question that has been asked in this forum before, but not answered:

What does the warning "NUMBER ONE MEMBER PROFILE CAR TYPE RETURNED" in a reservation mean?

This just showed up on my third change to a reservation and it wasn't in the previous versions of the reservation. I still have the same confirmation number and all I changed was the return location and time.
Originally Posted by Savage25
I also got this warning in a reservation for tomorrow that I just changed. I don't recall seeing it before. Does anyone know what it means?
Well, to answer my own question, it does not appear to mean anything. I asked the Hertz counter rep what it meant and she said she couldn't see any such comment.

Then again, I'd booked a compact and was given a choice of a Focus, Focus or Accent, so maybe it means "No upgrade for you"
Old Nov 15, 2007, 1:04 pm

Roadside assistance

Q: What are the rules for cars that break down and where the renter hasn't paid for Roadside Assistance?
Can you leave the car where it breaks down at no cost? Will you get a replacement at no cost delivered?
What specifically is the added value of RA(or what its called at Hertz)?

Thanks in advance.
S777.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:50 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Beckles
It is my understanding that spouses or domestic partners are automatically authorized drivers for #1 Club Gold Members.

From the #1 Club Gold contract:

2. WHO MAY OPERATE THE CAR

Only You and, with Your permission, the following persons, provided that they meet the qualifications set forth in the following sentence (“Authorized Operators”), may operate the Car: Your spouse, Your domestic partner (if You are not married), Your employer, employees and fellow employees incidental to their business duties, and any other person who meets Hertz’ qualifications and who signs an Additional Authorized Operator form at the time of rental. Except as provided in the following sentence, all Authorized Operators must be at least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license from a jurisdiction acceptable to Hertz.

In my experience, the Hertz employees I've had discussions with about this are not aware of this rule, so I just don't bother discussing it with them anymore.

Oh, I never noticed this in a rental contract before, but it's good to know we're not violating the contract when we valet park:

Except to the extent necessary for valet parking or in an emergency as permitted by law, no other persons are permitted to operate the Car
Can anyone give me a URL to find this contract online?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:11 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by 1P
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...memberMenu_2_4

AKA: Hertz===>MyAccount===>Terms and Conditions

Section B Paragraph 2

Line 2 Half way across

Starting with "Your spouse"
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:29 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Thanks for the link.Unfortunately it generated the following error message:

We're sorry but we are unable to process your request at this time.
A general application failure has been detected.

Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:11 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by 1P
Thanks for the link.Unfortunately it generated the following error message:

We're sorry but we are unable to process your request at this time.
A general application failure has been detected.

Then follow the directions

Hertz===>MyAccount===>Terms and Conditions

Section B Paragraph 2

Line 2 Half way across

Starting with "Your spouse"
Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:10 pm
1P

Thanks a lot. Got it.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 4:59 pm

Questions about late pickup

Just few days ago, I made a reservation from 11:30 pm on 12/19/2007 to 12:30pm on 1/2/2008 via Hotwire. However, I realized that the hertz branch where I will rent, close before time I arrive. Thus, I have changed my flight schedule to 8:30am on 12/20/2007.
Unfortunately, I tried to change the rental car reservation but I could not change my reservation, since I made a reservation via Hotwire.

My question is
1) Would my reservation be still valid for my pick-up until 8:30 am on 12/20/2007 ?
2) Is there any penalty on the late pick-up ?
3) How is the return date affected ? That means if my rental period start from 8:30 am on 12/20/2007, then is the return date up to 8:30am on 1/3/2008 because the rent period should shift by 9 hour or up to 12:30pm on 1/2/2008, the original one?

If the above questions depends on the site, then just state your thought or your site policy.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
-i havn't seen the new 2008 Mercedes yet at Hertz

-Yes you are guaranteed this car

- you will need to go to the regular hertz counter

-all hertz cars are considered non smoking

-no new audis 2008 as of yet

The 2007 Mercedes C class are nice looking and stylish cars but their very underpowered in my mind. I would go with an Audi or Infiniti first
All Hertz cars are not non-smoking. There are both smoking and non-smoking cars. It states it right in the vehicle profile in the computer.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hopelist
Just few days ago, I made a reservation from 11:30 pm on 12/19/2007 to 12:30pm on 1/2/2008 via Hotwire. However, I realized that the hertz branch where I will rent, close before time I arrive. Thus, I have changed my flight schedule to 8:30am on 12/20/2007.
Unfortunately, I tried to change the rental car reservation but I could not change my reservation, since I made a reservation via Hotwire.

My question is
1) Would my reservation be still valid for my pick-up until 8:30 am on 12/20/2007 ?
2) Is there any penalty on the late pick-up ?
3) How is the return date affected ? That means if my rental period start from 8:30 am on 12/20/2007, then is the return date up to 8:30am on 1/3/2008 because the rent period should shift by 9 hour or up to 12:30pm on 1/2/2008, the original one?

If the above questions depends on the site, then just state your thought or your site policy.

Thanks in advance
When you make a reservation, make sure you include your flight information (airline and flight number.) In the case of a delayed flight, it is policy that they have to stay open until the flight comes in. Reservations are valid for 24 hours. Sometimes if you pick it up late your rate might change (especially on a weekend.) Rentals run on 24 hour periods, so if you pick up the car at 8am it's not due back until 8am.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1P

Anyone can be added on as an additional driver if they are over 25 and meet the same criteria as if they were the renter. The additional driver must present a drivers license and a valid credit card (it will not be charged but the rep must make sure that the AD has one.) All additional drivers are an extra $10 a day unless your CDP states differently.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Question about unscanned car

I dropped off a car in the return lot about 3 weeks ago and ran for the bus without waiting for the car to be scanned in. I waited for a week and didn't see a credit card charge so I wrote to Hertz and they charged me for all the days up until the point that they found the car in their lot. I'm disputing the charge.

A week after that rental, before I knew that I would need to dispute the above charge, I had done the same thing - run for the bus without being scanned in. Now, again, I don't see the charge on my card and I'm betting the same thing happened; that the car is somewhere in the Hertz lot with my contract still open.

So my question is, if I wasn't so diligent - looking at my credit card bill on a weekly basis and alerting Hertz to the problem, what does Hertz do to prevent this situation. Do they perform lot checks to see if all the cars are scanned in? If the next customer rents this car does the computer realize that there is still an open contract on the car and close it out? Since it has happened twice to me I think this might very well happen to other renters. What is Hertz's normal procedure for resolving this?

Last edited by edsh; Dec 7, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:37 pm

I have a question for you....

If this happened once and was a drag, why did you allow it to happen again?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by conquistador74
I have a question for you....

If this happened once and was a drag, why did you allow it to happen again?
I did this two weeks in a row. It wasn't until the end of the second week that I suspected something was wrong with the first rental and sent an email to Hertz. It then took Hertz another week to respond to my inquiry. The second rental had long since been completed by the time I could begin formally disputing the first charge.

Last edited by edsh; Dec 8, 2007 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Additional Authorized Operators

Originally Posted by geez10
I work for Hertz at an airport in Pennsylvania... Does anyone have any questions that need to be answered?
I was wondering if I can add my domestic partner's name to my Gold rental agreement on file so that their name will show up on my contract automatically? My Hertz contract now states..."no additional authorized operators without our prior written approval." My Amex card LDW coverage says that all additional drivers must be listed on the rental agreement, but if I can avoid having to do this every week it would be a huge benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.