Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Order now for a rental in 6 months or ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Order now for a rental in 6 months or ..

Hello,

I will first sketch the situation =)

I'm from Belgium and i'm going to study in quebec, in canada from september till december.

My parents are also coming to there from 26 octobre till 3 novembre.

Now, I checked at hertz to rent the car (ford taurus 4 door) now already and it would cost 283 euro (+- 385USD).
My question now is: Is that much or is that still a low amount?

And I also want to know if there are any coupons that i can use to rent it for that period, because I can't find any coupon for that period yet.

So is it the best that i wait to order or is it the best to order it already now?

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2007, 5:35 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
At first I thought your rate seemed a little high, but then I searched on Orbitz and a rental for your dates came up at $544 for your dates. Given that, I'd go ahead and book the car (assuming you are going through a site that will allow you to cancel). If you can cancel, keep checking back and re-book if/when the rates drop.

Many airline frequent flyer programs offer discount coupons ($X off per week), so if you belong to one check there; if you do not belong to one join one (that would be free).
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:12 am

Sounds a bit high. At priceline.com you can rent from Budget at around $31 taxes and fees included or bid and perhaps save even more. Problem is that you then are locked in.

If you $385 is refundable, you can grab it and keep looking for lower rates. If you want certainty today check Budget's own site (may be refundable) and then Priceline. Try a bid or two before locking in the $312 rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.