Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denver Alert

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Exclamation Denver Alert

I rent from Hertz 3-4 times a week and like many people when I am pulling out of the space, I do not check the vehicle for minor dings and damage. Well, in Denver you need to. They have gotten quite agressive there. Even the smallest nick, or rub and they are sternly marking it down and making you pay for the damage. this is same damage the we all see on the rental cars, in all major US cities, but in Denver, it seems as though they have turned the minor scrapes into a revenue source. Be warned, give the car a GOOD going over. I mentioned this to a manage in Florida and said the he also had heard that the Denver Airport had gotten very strict on this.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by UA1kMFR
I rent from Hertz 3-4 times a week and like many people when I am pulling out of the space, I do not check the vehicle for minor dings and damage. Well, in Denver you need to. They have gotten quite agressive there. Even the smallest nick, or rub and they are sternly marking it down and making you pay for the damage. this is same damage the we all see on the rental cars, in all major US cities, but in Denver, it seems as though they have turned the minor scrapes into a revenue source. Be warned, give the car a GOOD going over. I mentioned this to a manage in Florida and said the he also had heard that the Denver Airport had gotten very strict on this.
Thanks. Going there tomorrow.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Yikes. I rent in Denver a few times a year. Will keep an eye out... Usually Hertz is above this garbage, unlike the "second tier" agencies.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Funny you should mention that. The car jockey who checked my car in seemed more thorough than I'm used to when I was in DEN 2 weeks ago. I attributed this to the fact that it was a new A6 Quattro so easy to spot but if this is happening across the board...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
i guess i must be returning at funky times... i've not actually had my return processed car-side in the past 4 weeks of rentals at DEN... had to go inside to the counter or use express return each time.

so, i've not experienced this at den, but I think it would be pretty funny if they gave anyone grief about scratches, etc, since 2wks ago i had to spend 10 mins chipping blocks of ice out of the wheel wells in order to be able to turn the wheels and pull out of the space... they would have no idea whether there were any scratches or damage under all that ice and salt.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
They are VERY serious about this in Denver. I was just in two others cities, rented from Hertz, and mentioned it and both supervisors said they had heard iknternally that Denver was really cracking down on this....so be alert.....
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I just returned a vehicle to DEN earlier this month and didn't have any checks at all. It might have been that it was 5am on a Sunday morning and horribly cold, but he definately did not inspect the car the same way I just got checked last weekend in Mexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.