Platinum Status?

Old Sep 19, 06, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Platinum Status?

Sorry - I tried to search - but it must be down (for me at least).

Twice in the past month I have heard or seen a reference to Platinum status.

First time was in RDM. Small hertz counter and manager says that only Platinum members have their contracts printed before arrival. He said that Hertz call and reminds them that a Platinum member will be arriving that day. I inquired how one earns Platinum status and he says it is based only on money spent - but does not know how much is enough.

I searched FT later that day and didnt find any reference to Plat status so I figured he must be mistaken.

Second reference was at the IND airport. Next to the prestige vehicles were two spots with silver markers - Platinum A and Platinum B.

Is there a platinum status and how does one achieve it? Just curious.

Thanks for any info.

Chad
Old Sep 19, 06, 5:24 pm

It's in the 4th post on the Hertz forum in the "rental levels explained" sticky.

Platinum - This program is invitation-only. It's who you are (or what you are) that gets you the invite, not your rental or spending history with Herz. Your car is brought to you by the Station Manager and they drop you off at the terminal and then take the car back to the lot. Upgrades are automatic and usually to whatever you want that they have.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: