Wiki Posts
Search

Volvo S80 at BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2006, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Red face Volvo S80 at BOS?

We will be doing our first Prestige rental towards the end of the month from BOS, and currently have an S80 reserved. How are they equipped? Loaded?

The Volvo XC70 is almost the same price--which one would you choose? Are the engines / features much different?

Thanks! ^
Old Jun 19, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
From renting a S80 early last year at BOS, it was ok. The engine was sluggish. I don't think it was the TC version.

From renting a XC70 at SEA last year, it felt better than the S80. If you need more room but in a PC, the XC70 is a good choice being a wagon.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:40 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Not a big fan of the Volvos, both under powered. At the same price, I would probably pick the Avalon/Lincoln LS. Or, for another $20/day, the Audi A6.

Unless of course you just really want to drive a Volvo.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
I had one a while ago from DFW -- it was mostly standard-issue amenities IIRC. Leather, auto climate control, moonroof, etc.

If you don't need the interior space, some airport locations are starting to receive the Audi A4 2.0t, and those are also in the H class. ^
Old Jun 19, 2006, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by prashok
I had one a while ago from DFW -- it was mostly standard-issue amenities IIRC. Leather, auto climate control, moonroof, etc.

If you don't need the interior space, some airport locations are starting to receive the Audi A4 2.0t, and those are also in the H class. ^
Yes really like the A4s!!! Got one at ORD a couple of weeks back. Reserved an H (Avalon or similar). Got to my stall to find a Dodge Magnum there. Yuck! Went to Gold Booth and asked if they had anything else. Nice lady went down a list of options ... last one was the A4, which I took. Nice car to drive. Would have prefered a manual (stick shift) but none of those around on this side of the pond!! lol
Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I have a Volvo Cross Country (XC70) now. I prefer this over the S80 though the fuel economy isn't quite as high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.