Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hle

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2006, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz #1 Club Gold, Hilton,Marriott,Omni, National Emerald Club, US Airways DM, Continental OnePass
Hle

Has anyone used any HLE's? Are they the same experience like an airport location? Has anyone used the one in Albany, Central Ave.?
Old May 19, 2006, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't used the one in Albany, but I rent from the Falls Church, VA HLE all the time & get nothing but excellent service & 100% upgrades there. They always pick me up at my house on time & drop me off when I drop the cars & I always get a full tank of gas with a clean car.
Old May 19, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
The only thing I can think of is that because of their size, some HLEs may not be as generous with upgrades, simply because they don't have that many cars. Whenever I rent F from SFO for example, I almost always get an H car, and I have more leeway in asking for something else since they have a large fleet. With an HLE, I usually only get YF or G (and sometimes H), because they're more limited in what they can give me.

With that said, at an HLE, the service is more personal and the pickup/dropoff is more convenient. ^
Old May 19, 2006, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I find my local HLE to be excellent. I agree that, since there are fewer cars, there is a smaller chance of an upgrade. However, the treatment there is good. Once you get to know they people there, they'll often thrown in NeverLost or Sirius.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.