Chances of upgrade on long rentals?

Old May 1, 06, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Chances of upgrade on long rentals?

I am planning to rent at Hertz @ LAX for a 4 week period (total charge around $1450 which includes LDW). In the past on 2-5 day rentals I have usually gotten upgrades to an Infiniti G35 from a mid-size (heavy rentals + large company CDP I guess).

Will renting for 4 weeks reduce my chances of an upgrade. Should I think about renting every week instead??

Thanks.
Old May 1, 06, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
I have done something similar in the past. You can rent the car for even just 3 or 4 days at a time. When the car is due up for return, just call them and see if you can keep the same car or if you have to return it. Should work. I wouldn't make more than 4 rentals per your period though.
Good Luck!
SR
Old May 3, 06, 6:31 am

Programs: marriott platinum
Cool

Originally Posted by RamAir
I have done something similar in the past. You can rent the car for even just 3 or 4 days at a time. When the car is due up for return, just call them and see if you can keep the same car or if you have to return it. Should work. I wouldn't make more than 4 rentals per your period though.
Good Luck!
SR
Check first that it is calculated on a daily rate or a weekly rate kicks in. Most times with long rentals, they will want to give you an out of state car, as they don't need to worry about the maintenance. book a 3-4 day rental and then ring in and extend it.
Old May 7, 06, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's another thing you can try: set the rental up to drop the car off at BUR, SNA, or ONT. I have always got an upgrade doing this--they must want to return cars to the original site. I usually end up returning at original airport.