Wiki Posts
Search

Help with rental in Malaga, Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Gold
Help with rental in Malaga, Spain

I was one of the lucky ones that got in on the $33 alitalia fare . Im making a side trip to spain from Jul 20 - Jul 30. Im flying into Malaga on 20th Jul, renting a car and i plan to visit seville, gibraltor, granada, alicante, valencia and returning the car on 30th Jul in Barcelona.

Im a gold member, when i log into my account and look for cars i get a quote of $740 for a BMW 3 series for those days. I tried using different cdps and Pc's and the best price i got was with 706900. One of my friend is meeting me in malaga, he is coming from ireland. So i logged out of my account and went to hertz irish website and to my surprise i got a price of 442 euros which is about $530, about $200 less than what i got quoted through the US website.

First of all why is there such a discrepancy in the amount quoted. And second of all i would really appreciate if someone could provide me with a cdp + pc that might work better for the rental.
Old May 2, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
The country of residence ends up making a huge difference in the cost of rentals; as a Gold member it notes you as a US resident and charges accordingly. They don't check to see if your DL/Address matches the country of residence (other than in some cases when you rent in the same country) so you should be fine renting via Hertz.ie -- also worth checking out other sites in the EU as well.

My experience in Spain is that other agencies were much cheaper -- National especially was around $200 for a mid-size week. Check their websites.

There are some Hertz coupons currently available for free days, upgrades, and/or dollars off in Europe. See the website.
Old May 2, 2006, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by noah
The country of residence ends up making a huge difference in the cost of rentals; as a Gold member it notes you as a US resident and charges accordingly. They don't check to see if your DL/Address matches the country of residence (other than in some cases when you rent in the same country) so you should be fine renting via Hertz.ie -- also worth checking out other sites in the EU as well.

My experience in Spain is that other agencies were much cheaper -- National especially was around $200 for a mid-size week. Check their websites.

There are some Hertz coupons currently available for free days, upgrades, and/or dollars off in Europe. See the website.
I have tried other companies including sixt and with insurance and everything hertz is the most reasonable unless im doing something wrong. But i will try national to make sure they are not cheaper than hertz.

If im using 706900, can i also use another pc for free day along with it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.